Room 212 News
3rd Grade, Solana Ranch
We have an exciting week coming up! Remember that we have 12:10 dismissal every day this week for parent-teacher conferences. If you need to change your conference day and/or time, please email me in addition to changing it on Shutterfly. If you haven't already, I strongly recommend watching this video put together by our Instructional Services department. For those of you who have been in the district, the report card will look very different this year. This video provides a great explanation of what to expect (if the link doesn't work, it can also be found at the SBSD website).
Our class Halloween party is on Friday from 9:30ish (or whenever the parade ends)-10:15/10:30. If your child is dressing up, you can send them to school in their costumes but PLEASE keep the following in mind:
- No pretend weapons (water guns, knives, swords, or any other prop that is sharp, dangerous, or looks dangerous)
- Students must be able to sit, walk, breathe, see, and hear (appropriate masks are ok during the parade but need to come off in the classroom.)
- Costumes may not be offensive or inappropriate in any way-if in doubt, please do not wear it.
Sorry for a long newsletter this week, but please scroll down for more important information.
I look forward to seeing all of you throughout this week, and I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- Thursday, 10/30: Because of the excitement of Friday, the 3rd grade teachers are asking for homework packets to be completed and turned in on Thursday. We will also take our spelling test on Thursday. The kids may need to "begin with the end in mind" to pace out their work for the week. Don't forget Dreambox!
- Friday 10/31 at 8:45am: The first ever Solana Ranch Halloween parade! All parents are welcome.
- Student Absences: As we approach the holidays, there tends to be many absences for various reasons. If you haven't already, please take a minute to read Mr. Jones' weekly communication regarding student absences. http://www.sbsd.k12.ca.us/domain/871
- 11/3-11/5: Student Leadership Council will be in front of the school collecting candy donations to send to our troops, along with letters from the kids. I probably have the biggest sweet tooth out of everyone at Solana Ranch, but even I know that we all end up with WAY more candy than we need at this time of year :)
- Wednesday 11/5: Last day for shoe and candy donations.
The district will provide basic earbuds for each student. However, if your child has headphones/earbuds that they would prefer to use, they are more than welcome to bring them to school. My only requirements are that the headphones need to be able to fit in their pencil boxes and will need to stay at school, rather than traveling between home and school each day.