North Pembroke Elementary School
December 3, 2021
Spotted in the wild… some pretty incredible second grade art inspired by Henri Rousseau.
Goggle Meet with Mrs. Swift and Mrs. Charpentier
Mrs. Swift and Mrs. Charpentier would like to welcome you to a google meet with them to discuss the impact of the pandemic on student learning and to provide more insight into the work we are doing to help students meet with success this school year. If you are interested, they will be available on Wednesday, December 8 at 1:00 pm
Mark Your Calendar
6 Report cards issued
7 School Committee Meeting
8 Early Release Day
Teacher Conferences 1:30-6:30
9 Teacher Conferences 4:30-8:30
14 Report card envelopes due back to the teacher
Early Release Day – Wednesday, December 8
Early release day – Wednesday, December 8. Full-day and morning preschool will dismiss at 11 AM. Afternoon preschool will not attend. Grades k-6 will dismiss at 1:10. Grades K-6 lunch is served. Snacks not sold in Cafeteria. No hot lunches or salads, choices of alternates only.
Pick A Time
Scheduling of parent-teacher conferences for elementary students in grades 1-6 is now open. Elementary conferences will be held on December 8th from 1:30-6:30 and on December 9th from 4:00-8:00. You will be able to choose in-person or virtual conferences. We use an online scheduler called Pick A Time for conference scheduling. Instructions for using this system are available at the link below. Google Meet links for virtual conferences will be provided on your Pick A Time schedule once you have selected your conference times.
No School Days
NO school on: 11/11, 11/25 & 11/26, 12/24-12/31, 1/17, 2/21-2/25, 4/15-4/22, and 5/30.
Watch Out Starbucks, Mrs. McCann's Kindergarten Students Have the Best Coffee Shop In Town!
Don't forget we go outside for recess and mask breaks, dress for the weather!
Breakfast & Lunch Cost
Breakfast and lunch will continue to be free for all students for the 2021-2022 school year. Water can be purchased for $0.50 / $1 and snack items are $.75. Students must have money in their accounts in order to buy snacks and water. Checks made payable to Pembroke Public Lunch can be mailed to NPES or sent in with students. Money can also be uploaded to MySchoolBucks.
Staying Home If You Are Sick
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please self-isolate at home, call your school nurse and have a PCR COVID-19 Test. If your test is positive, follow the MDPH isolation protocol. Seek care from your healthcare provider as needed.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Fever (100.0 or greater), chills, shaking chills
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches, body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cough, such as a chronic cough)
- Sore throat *
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea *
- Headache *
- Fatigue *
- Nasal congestion/runny nose *
* when in combination with other symptoms
*The leniency on attendance will remain effective. Students and staff are encouraged to remain home when experiencing any symptoms.
Close Contacts/Contact Tracing
Anyone who was within 6 feet of a person during the infectious period of COVID-19, INDOORS, for at least 15 minutes, is considered a close contact and is required to quarantine at home, with a few exceptions:
- In the classroom, when both parties are wearing a mask, only those within 3 feet of the infectious person are required to strictly quarantine.
- On the bus, if all passengers are wearing masks and the windows are open, no one is considered a close contact.
- Fully vaccinated individuals who are asymptomatic do not have to quarantine.
- In every case, individuals should monitor for symptoms for 14 days after an exposure.
- Outdoor exposure is not considered “close contact”.
- Close contacts from the classroom may attend school under the “Test and Stay” protocol.
- If you are informed by any source (outside of school) that you were a close contact, please contact your school nurse for direction.
New “Test and Stay” Program
Unvaccinated individuals identified as a close contact may consent to participate in the Test to Stay Protocol.
What this entails:
- Individuals would be tested each morning for five school days following the known exposure, using the Bianex Now rapid antigen test (lower anterior nasal swab).
- Testing would be administered by our school health personnel.
- Once the results are received (generally takes 10 minutes) students/staff would join their classroom for instruction.
- Close contacts are advised to quarantine on weekends. By testing over a 5 day school day period, close contacts would be monitored for the full 7 days outlined in the quarantining guidelines.
- Unvaccinated individuals that do not wish to consent would follow the regular quarantine/testing guidance.
*Per the CDC, vaccinated individuals do not need to test or quarantine.
NPES Spirit Wear - We are super lucky to have partnered with Basement Broidery to show our school spirit! Click the link below to order!
Meetings will take place Mondays on the following dates at 7 pm (unless otherwise indicated):
- January 10, 2022 at 7:30 pm
- February 14
- March 7
- April 11
- May 9
- June 6
Stop & Shop A+ Rewards
Register your Stop and Shop rewards card to help raise money for North!
Go to: https://www.stopandshop.com/aplus/register/?_requestid=2120853! You can have multiple schools on your account! Beginning July 1, 2020, visit stopandshop.com and select “SIGN IN” at the top right to log into your online account. Once logged in, you may select or modify your school choice. • If you do not have an online account, visit stopandshop.com and click “REGISTER”. Follow the prompts to create your online account. Once logged in, follow the same instructions as noted above. • You’ll need your 13-digit STOP & SHOP CARD number and the School ID number 07409. If you need assistance, call 1-877-366-2668 option 1.
Did you know that grandparents, aunts and uncles, and other family members can also register!
Baystate Textiles Fundraiser
Free Money-- Bay State Textile Bin
Don't forget to drop your "edits" off at the NPES Bay State Textiles box next to the outdoor basketball court. We get $ per pound of items donated. Accepted items include clothing, footwear, accessories, and linens. DO NOT donate the following Mattresses, Mattress Pads, Foam Products, Couch Cushions, Lawn Furniture Cushions, Carpet Remnants, Rugs (larger than 2’ x 4’)
Sign Up for Box Tops!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
North Pembroke PTO Board
VACANT – President
Kristi Cullinane & Karen Kazolias Co-Vice President
Carly Levy (Communications) & Nancy Stevens— Co-Secretary
Joanna Binette- Treasurer