September 28, 2022
Thank you for SUPPORTING CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
I am constantly in awe of all the ways God provides for Legacy Christian School. I am amazed by the constant prayer support that so many of you provide for us - from Parents in Prayer meetings on Friday mornings, to the prayers around family dining room tables, to prayers from church pulpits.
Another way God continues to provide for Legacy is through financial giving. This past Monday, we had 27 groups of four, brave the cold and rain to play golf in the LCS Golf Outing and raise over $30,000! This summer we received a $500,000 matching gift and have already raised almost $380,000 towards that match.
We are also grateful for the many of you that support our school with your time. We have parents chaperone field trips to places such as Lansing, Gun Lake, and Camp Roger. Some spend a night at the 8th grade retreat or even a few days camping out with their kids at the annual 7th grade Outdoor Education camp out. Parents volunteer supervising on the playground and help in the library. We have parents that serve on our school board, Parent Club, Staff Appreciation committee, and on a committee to help organize the Fall Craft Sale, just to name a few! These are just some of the ways that our parents and supporters work to make Legacy Christian School the great school it is.
We would not be the same Legacy Christian School community without all of these contributions of prayer, finances, time, and talents. I thank God that I get to bear witness to these provisions and faithfulness through His people, thank you for being His vessels.
GET YOUR NEW LEGACY GEAR!
We have a brand new design with lots of styles and sizes (baby-adult), including this year’s THEME SHIRT. There are blankets, coats, backpacks, long sleeves, short sleeves, hoodies, 1/4 zips, joggers, hats and more! Check out the online store for all of the options and order today!
All orders must be submitted by 11:59pm on Sunday, October 2, 2022! Once the sale closes, please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. All orders will be delivered to school unless specified otherwise with your order. Get your order in today!
KEYCARD BOOK SALE
GOLF OUTING Update
We want to give an extra thank you to all our sponsors! Our Title Sponsors are Ver Burg Concrete, In-on-time, Tru Kitchens, Insignia Homes and Van Solkema Family Farms.
Please see the attachment for a list of all our sponsors. Thank You!
Thank you to our Title Sponsors!
FALL FAMILY FESTIVAL
COUNT DAY - Oct 5
ELEMENTARY WORSHIP - Fridays @ 9:10 am
- Sept. 30 - 2nd Grade SI: Meastra Gomez
- Oct. 7 - 2nd Grade: Miss Genzink
WEST CAMPUS WORSHIP - Thursdays @ 8:05 am
- Sept. 29 - Mr. Haagsma
- Oct. 6 - Mr. Leugs
- Progress Reports for 7th/8th graders - Reports will be sent via email for all 7th/8th grade students this coming Friday, Sept. 30. Please read over these reports carefully so you know the current progress of your child(ren). Our goal is to provide information that allows you to praise, encourage, challenge, and be informed.
Volunteer to help prepare for the craft sale!
food service coordinator job opening
Legacy is accepting applications for a part-time food service coordinator at the West Campus. This position is 10-15 hours per week, approximately 10:30 am-1:00 pm, Monday-Friday and follows the school schedule. The Food Service Coordinator is responsible for compiling and submitting the monthly lunch orders, ordering food, preparing and serving food and cleaning up the kitchen and serving area. All training and certification will be provided. OfficeSuite and computer knowledge are a plus.
Interested applicants are encouraged to fill out and submit our LCS General Job Application. This application can be found attached below. The application should be submitted to Mrs. Kim Zwyghuizen – firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEGACY COMMUNITY IN PRAYER
Please join together with others in the Legacy Community to pray for our school on Fridays at 8:10 in the conference room of the elementary building. (Enter near office, turn left, and room is on the right across from the gym.) Feel free to invite others who support our school to join us for an hour of prayer. You may (but it is not necessary) bring a Bible and a pen/pencil. We will follow the format of the National Mom's in Prayer Group and a prayer guide will be available to follow. If you are unable to join us at this time but would like to have the guide emailed to you so you can pray on your own, please contact Ann DeRooy at email@example.com. This week we will be praying for Dave Haagsma, Tammy Vredevoogd, Lori Bolt, Lisa Boone and Sarah DeVuyst. We will also be praying for the Young 5's class by name.
I hope everyone is off to a great start to the school year!!! Disbursements will be done in October! They will be done/ready by October 27. If you have a check to be picked up for a college, church or non profit you can get those on October 27. If you need to make any changes to your account as to where your funds are going, or want to hold them I need to know by October 10!! Let me know if you have any questions!
Legacy Christian School TRIP coordinator
UPCOMING DATES AND EVENTS
30 - Keycard Sale ends
30 - 7th/8th Grd Progress reports emailed
2 - Last day to order LCS Gear
5 - Caledonia Count Day
11-12 - Elementary Vision/Hearing Testing
13 - 5th-7th Grd Vision/Hearing Testing
19 - NO SCHOOL - Professional Development
20-21 - NO SCHOOL - CEA CONVENTION
26 - Sign ups for Parent Teacher Conferences begin
28 - Pastor Appreciation worship
28 - End of 1st Qtr.
- South Christian Community - please take a few minutes and read this communication from South Christian High School regarding football games moving forward.
- DeHaan Tile & Floor Covering has an opening for a part-time bookkeeper/office administrator. The applicant must be detail oriented, have the ability to meet deadlines, have exceptional organizational & data entry skills. This job includes Accounts Payable & Receivable, pricing, claims and other additional office duties. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring your family to Calvin University for a night of laughs featuring Grand Rapids born comedian, Michael Jr.! Michael Jr.’s comedy and dynamic storytelling will leave you in stitches the length of the show. He’s performed on The Tonight Show, Jimmy Kimmel, and even gave his own Tedx talk. With Michael’s goal of sharing “comedy that inspires,” you’ll be sure to leave the night a little lighter. Michael Jr. will take the stage Friday night, September 30th Buy your tickets today!