Cougar Courier Times
Kutz Elementary School's Bimonthly Newsletter
November 30, 2015
Kutz Spirit Day T-Shirts - FINAL DAYS TO ORDER!!!
School Directory - Last Chance to Opt Out
Reflections from our Postive Parent Speaker Series
Many CB parents and staff were able to attend Dr. Katherine Dahlsgaard's presentation, From Science to Parenting: Evidence-Based Strategies to Help Tame Your Child's Anxiety. For anyone who was unable to attend, listed below are some of her key points in helping parents support their child and reduce his/her anxiety. Click HERE for more information on our next presentation conducted by Dr. Jason Komasz, Growing Healthy Together: Tips to Live Healthier as a Family scheduled for February 18th.
Here are some suggested steps that parents can do to help children cope with stress:
1) Do not provide excessive reassurance.
2) Pick a guaranteed 5-minute time the child can voice worries. (i.e. before dinner)
3) Reinforce all brave behaviors with labeled praise: "You're a rock star because..."
4) Avoid paying a lot of attention to anxiety or failures.
5) Keep goodbyes short & sweet.
Information regarding the next Positive Parent Speaker Series:
KINDERGARTEN & 1ST GRADE REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!!
Kutz Home & School Association
Kutz Home & School Association
To help streamline communication between school and home we will be putting all important Kutz information in Dr. Garvin’s Kutz Cougar Times. This means enotes will no longer be published weekly and the information will now be found in Dr. Garvin’s Kutz Cougar Times. The Cougar Times is sent out on the 15th and 30th/31st of each month. All email address updates and/or additions will be done through the parent portal.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Next Home and School Meeting
Wednesday, Feb. 10th 2016 at 9am
1950 Turk Road
Take a night off from cooking and support Kutz at the same time!!
Uno® will donate up to 20% of your check directly to Kutz!!
- Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2015
- Location: 1661 Easton Rd Warrington PA
This is for Dine In or Take Out
Certificates are being sent home in Thursday folders. Please present the certificate at the time of payment to have up to 20% of your check’s value, excluding tax and tip.
We are happy to announce that the Holiday Boutique is almost here!
It will begin on Tuesday, December 8th and run through Friday, December 11th. Your children will have the opportunity to shop for quality gifts for their family and friends. Our parent volunteers will be on hand to assist the children when shopping.
If you interested in volunteering for the Holiday Boutique, please sign up on SignUpGenius:
Tuesday-- Jeffers, Abato, Zakuto, O’Hagan, Matthews, Cohen, Townsend, Engel, Blair
Wednesday--Heacock, Eckenrode, Cunningham, Waldron, Henry, Peterson, Talarico, McCullion
Thursday--Kraenbring (A.M & P.M.), Carroll 5th, Carroll 6th, Kallelis,
Friday--Geist, Zeleznik, Sheridan
School Board Briefs - November 10, 2015
At the November 10, 2015 School Board Meeting the Central Bucks School District School Board:
- Heard the South/West Chamber Strings performance before the school board meeting.
- Approved the minutes of the October 27, 2015 school board meeting.
- Heard the Superintendent’s Report: School Board Member Recognition; This Month in Central Bucks video; Achievement Report 2015 – Part II
- The following Board members were recognized for their service and commitment to the Central Bucks School District:
- Jim Duffy - 4 years
- Joe Jagelka - 4 years
- Geri McMullin - 32 years
- Tyler Tomlinson - 4 years
- Kelly Unger - 4 years
- Received the Curriculum, Finance, Human Resources, and Operations Committee notes, and the BCIU Board and MBIT Executive Council minutes.
- Approved the October 31, 2015 and November 5, 2015 General Fund check disbursements; and the October 29, 2015 Capital Fund check disbursements.
- Approved the new fulltime Business Office accounting position to help meet the new reporting requirements of the state and federal governments as well as help prepare detailed budget and negotiations data.
- Approved the contract for professional services to GKO Architects for design/bidding/professional services for renovations to the Auditorium at CB West.
- Approved the contract for professional services to GKO Architects for design/bidding/professional services to install a service memorial at the CB East stadium in the amount not to exceed $7,500.
- Approved the contract for professional services to GKO Architects to assist with the scope development and budget estimates to renovate War Memorial Field in the amount of $2,500.
- Approved the Comprehensive Plan effective July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2019.
- Approved School Board Policy 819 – Suicide Awareness, Prevention and Response.
- Approved various personnel items, student trips, and staff conferences/workshops.
- Received the Student Activities Quarterly Reports ending September 30, 2015 for the secondary schools as an information item.