LoES Eagle News
June 10, 2018
A Message from our Administrative Team
We recently shared the news that LaShonne Wright will be leaving LoES to begin serving as Assistant Principal at Lisbon Elementary School. We also learned this week that RosaMaria Gamble, our Hispanic Liaison, will also be moving on from LoES in order to pursue a teaching opportunity. Additionally, both Priscilla Andachter (Kindergarten Paraeducator) and Lisa Holston (5th grade teacher) will be retiring at the conclusion of this school year. Each of these women have been an integral part of our Longfellow school community and each of them will be moving on to write new chapters in their lives or careers. Please join us in wishing them all the best of luck as they move on to new opportunities. With their departure, new faces will join the LoES team as we continue to collaborate in order to meet the needs of our LoES students.
As we move into the summer months, additional updates will be shared with the LoES school community as we relax and enjoy some down time while also preparing for the 2018-2019 school year. Please take some time to check out what will be happening at school during the last full week of the school year leading up to our last day of school on Tuesday, June 19th.
LoES Administrative Team
- Tuesday, June 12th - Art Supply Drive end (donation box in the main office)
- Thursday, June 14th - Grade 5 Promotion Ceremony at 9:05 am
- Friday, June 15th - Half day for students
- Monday, June 18th (Half day for students) - Intermediate Awards Assembly at 9:05 am
- Tuesday, June 19th - (Half day for students) - Primary Awards Assembly at 9:05 am
- Tuesday, June 19th - Last Day of School
Click HERE to view the LoES Community Calendar for future events
News & Notes
Final Spirit Week - LoES Students and Staff will celebrate one final Spirit week during our final full week of the school year. :
June 11th - Jammie Monday
June12th - Read Me Tee Shirt Tuesday
June 13th - Wear Your Patterns Wednesday
June 14th - Dress for Success Thursday
June 15th - Freaky Hair Friday
- Academic Intervention at LoES - earlier this year, students in grades Kindergarten through 4th grade were invited to attend academic intervention at LoES. Academic Intervention will take place from 9:15 am to 12:15 pm beginning July 2nd through July 27th at Longfellow Elementary School.
- HCPSS Strategic Call to Action Survey - Help guide HCPSS’ future direction by sharing your views on the Strategic Call to Action (survey) HCPSS parents, students and community members are invited to complete a brief survey to provide input into the next phase of development for the HCPSS Strategic Call to Action, which serves as a basis for strategic planning and initiatives that ensure equity and place students at the heart of decision-making. The feedback collected will guide staff in the development of a more comprehensive strategic plan. All responses will remain anonymous. Survey responses will be collected through 4:30 PM, Friday, June 22. Click here to access the survey.
- #OneHoward Live - a storytelling/performance/speaking event that promotes diversity and inclusion in Howard County through the sharing of personal experiences. We have an AWESOME line up of speakers and performers! Students from Triadelphia Ridge ES, Thomas Viaduct MS, Atholton HS, Long Reach HS, and graduates from Glenelg HS, and the Homewood Center will be performing. In addition, teachers from Waterloo ES, Murray Hill MS, and Wilde Lake MS will also share their stories of diversity and identity. Adding their perspectives, two of our community leaders, Honorable Judge Zwaig and Community Superintendent Marcy Leonard, will offer insight about leadership through the lens of diversity and equity. The event is on Saturday, June 16th from 3:00 - 5:30 PM at HCC in the Smith Theater. Come out and stand up for unity in diversity in our Howard County community. Please register on the link below to reserve your FREE ticket to enjoy this wonderful event https://www.eventbrite.com/e/onehoward-live-tickets-44373358911. This event is in collaboration with the Office of the County Executive, Howard County Public School System, Howard County Library System, Howard County Community College, & the Department of Community Resources and Services.
5th Grade Promotion Ceremony
Congratulations to all of our LoES Musicians!
LoES PTA Corner
- Please follow us on Facebook (Longfellow Elementary School PTA)
- Please consider using the LOES PTA AmazonSmile link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7111263 when doing your online shopping!
- Certifikid (www.certifikid.com) offers many deals on family and kid-only entertainment. Use promo code "LOES" at checkout for any purchases $30 and over to receive $5 off. The best part is Longfellow ES PTA will also receive $5 for every purchase made!
- Friendly reminder - If you won a raffle lunch bunch at the Spring Fair, please contact the teachers who offered them. The school year is coming to a close and we want to make sure everyone gets their lunch bunch before the year ends.
Please visit Community News and Programs on the HCPSS website for all announcements of upcoming events and programs sponsored by non-profit organizations. The button above will redirect users directly to the Community News & Programs website.