March 9, 2023
REQUIRED FOR ALL ABSENCES: Absence Reporting Link
If your student will be absent from school, please fill out the survey by clicking on the link:
- No school on Friday, March 10 - Staff Development Day
- March 14 at 6:30 PTO Meeting (Zoom)
- Music Concerts on March 16: 5:00 pm- Third Grade & 7:00 pm- Fourth Grade
- No school March 27-31 - Spring Break
GOLDEN TICKET WINNERS
PLANNING FOR NEXT YEAR.....
If your family will NOT be returning to Southview Elementary for the 2023-2024 school year, please fill out the following survey: Click here
The time of year has come to start planning for the 2023-2024 school year. It hardly seems possible! One important piece of our planning for the next school year is the determination of class lists. The teachers work long and hard to prepare balanced class lists. Your child’s teacher knows your child well and will work hard to place your child where he/she will be the most successful. Please know that we do not accept requests for specific teachers. For parents who believe that their child may have specific needs that the school staff may not be aware of, please click on the link to fill out a survey: Student Input Form
QUICK SURVEY - SOUTHVIEW STEAM NIGHT!
Absentee voting begins March 24 in person at the District Office and by mail. To vote absentee, voters must fill out a 2023 Minnesota Absentee Ballot Application form. For more information about the bond referendum, go to www.District196.org/bond/.
Click here to view a short video: Video
YEARBOOK - ORDER NOW!
Order your 2022-2023 Yearbook by clicking on the following link: ybpay.com and enter code 1677523. Orders must be placed by Friday, March 24. Late orders will not be processed. Please call the office at 952-431-8370 with any questions.
DANCEWORKS 2023 - GRADES 2-5
Community Education Opportunities - Register for Spring & Summer!
Attend the Starry Night Gala (Ages 3-11) on Saturday, April 22 from 6-8 p.m.
THINK SUMMER 2023!
CAHOOTS math and language arts in one book … a great value!
Parents, Community Education is pleased to again be offering CAHOOTS, a K-5 summer math and language arts correspondence workbook program.
The program is portable, flexible and designed to closely match our district curriculum through an engaging and reflective approach to learning. After completing each lesson and checking answers online, students complete an assignment reflection and send to a CAHOOTS Buddy who will send a written response back.
You will receive a letter which includes enrollment instructions the week of February 27. Cost is $44. Final registration is due March 31.
Sample workbook pages can be viewed at ce.district196.org/enrichyouth.
It is recommended students work on the grade level they will be entering in the fall (i.e. 1st grade is a review of kindergarten), to review and reinforce skills learned during the school year. Please discuss with your child’s teacher, if you feel another level may be more suitable.
CAHOOTS should not be considered a replacement for participating in summer school, if your child qualifies.
CAHOOTS is not intended to replace regular reading for enjoyment or math activities that strengthen your child’s fluency and love for math.
This week's podcast (3/2): Click here
Here is last week's podcast (2/17). It focuses on how our first, second, third, and fifth grade students are sharing kindness and love!
Podcast 4 (2/8/23): https://anchor.fm/christine-evans7/episodes/SV-Podcast-February-8--2023-e1ulmv6
Podcast 3 (1/31/23):
Here is the link to our second podcast: https://anchor.fm/christine-evans7/episodes/SV-Podcast-January-27--2023-e1u3j50
Here’s the link to first podcast if you didn’t get a chance to view it: https://spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/lXJzOylVIwb
- To listen to the podcast, click on the black arrow with Southview Podcast, January 19th.
- To view the video podcast in Spotify, click on “listen on spotify” and wait for it to download (it takes a while). Click on the green arrow and then click on the video image to enlarge and view.
We hope you enjoy it!
Early Childhood Screening
If an inclement weather E-learning day occurs:
- Please check Schoology/Seesaw in the morning for instructions from teachers for the day’s assigned learning activities. Teachers will post assigned learning activities on Schoology/Seesaw by 9:30 AM.
- There will be no live/synchronous (Zoom) instruction. Rather, learning activities will be designed for students to complete independently at home. Students will spend about 30 minutes focused on math, 40 minutes focused on literacy, and about 30 minutes for specialist time.
- Teachers can be reached for questions via Seesaw/Schoology message, email or voice mail during normal school-day hours.
- If your child is unable to participate in E-Learning due to illness or vacation, please call/email the school to report the absence.
Fridays are Southview Spirit Days at Southview!
SOUTHVIEW PTO EMAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST
Sign up for our email distribution list to stay informed on PTO-sponsored events, receive reminders about our monthly PTO meetings, and learn about volunteer opportunities.
Check out our website for more info: https://sites.google.com/view/southviewpto
Southview Spirit Apparel Available for Purchase
Click here to learn more: