Weekly Newsletter for LCMS Staff
By Tami Gunset
PLEASE JOIN US!
Please be making parent contact for those students that may fail the 6th six weeks, spring semester or final year. If parent contact is not made and documented then it will be difficult to support a failing grade. PARENT CONTACT IS A MUST!
Please begin to prepare spring final exams. Students that miss will be expected to come back the first week in June to complete the finals. Once they have completed their exams we will notify you so that you can enter final grades in the gradebook. Please make sure you give the Mrs. Atencio your exam/exam key, along with a list of students needing to take exam by Friday, May 27 by 8:30am.
GRADES ARE DUE THURSDAY, MAY 26 @ 4PM, please let me know if you have any questions.
Save the DATE ~ End of YEAR STAFF PARTY
*** Staff children are more than welcome to attend but please know you will be responsible for the cost of the events they do while they are there for some family FUN!
Main Event for a FUN faculty “retreat”!
Wednesday, May 25th, 1:30-3:30pm
6010 Brownfield Road
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE OUR STUDENTS TO ATTEND THIS EVENT TO RAISE MONEY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Lemonade Day was a SUCCESS and MANY THANKS to STAFF that SUPPORTED
*** For those staff members that attend the lemonade stands I will look at the sign in sheets or the pictures that were sent in to verify your attendance. You needed to attend TWO or more to be able to wear JEANS on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Thanks so very much for your support. I truly appreciate it and hope that you enjoyed the experience as well as I did this weekend.
Grade Level End of the Year Class Adwards
- 6th grade - 8:30am
- 7th grade - 10:00am
- 8th grade - 11:30am
Teachers are expected to be at the grade level awards, we will do our very best to relieve you so that you can spend some time with your child at Olympic Day at South. I do not feel that awards will take more than an hour. All of the grade will attend but those students selected by you will receive an award. Please let me know if you have any questions.
We will also have a Pirate Pride day, so we will get a schedule out to you by the end of the week if not sooner.
Spring Final Exams
May 16 - Review for "Red Day" Electives
May 17 - Review for "Black Day" Electives
May 18 & 19 - Final Exams for Electives
May 19 - Reviews for "Black Day" Core classes
May 23 - Reviews for "Red Day" Core classes
May 24-26 - Final Exams for Core classes
May Calendar Events
- Monday, May 16 - StuCo Dodge Ball Tournament Begins
- Tuesday, May 17 - Mathletics Training
- Tuesday, May 17 - 6th grade Band Festival @ PAC (8am-12pm)
- Wednesday, May 18 - Pathways Training for Math/Science (8:30am) - No Outside PD will be approved!
- Wednesday, May 18 - Baby Mears Baby Shower in Library (4pm)
- Thursday, May 19 - Right Brain Training
- Thursday, May 19 - Pathways Training for SS/ELA (8:30am) - No Outside PD will be approved!
- Thursday, May 19 - LCISD School Board Meeting (7pm)
- Friday, May 20 - 6th grade Class Awards @ PAC (8:30am)
- Friday, May 20 - 7th grade Class Awards @ PAC (10am)
- Friday, May 20 - 8th grade Class Awards @ PAC (11:30am)
- Friday, May 20 - Pirate Pride Day / Dodge Ball Finals
- Sunday, May 22 - Happy Birthday Maria Tarin
- Monday, May 23 - Thursday, May 26 - Spring Final Exams
- Monday, May 23 - Ammons Retirement Reception (4pm-5:15pm)
- Thursday, May 26 - End of 6th Six Weeks
- Friday, May 27 - Teacher Workday - released after End of Year Meeting with Mr. Bryant!
- Monday, May 30 - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 31- 8th grade 2nd Administration of STAAR Result in district!
Technology Return for END of YEAR!
As we begin planning for the end of the year, please know that we will be collecting all technology (laptops, iPads etc.)for updates and inventory. Once technology has been updated then I will contact you and you can come and check it out for summer use or wait till August to get it once we return for professional development. Please note the district is doing the same thing as with professional development over the summer so that you can enjoy a week in November...more information to come.
* I really need staff to give Mr. Morgan a heads up when you are giving other staff your unused technology so that his inventory can be corrected. For example, I do not use my document camera so I give it to another staff to use in their classroom. I am good with this but it needs to go through Morgan first so that he can update the inventory list. Please let me know if you have questions.