What is The Resistance?
Basic Info and Facts
Why was it hard?
- lack of supplies, training, unwillingness to leave their families behind, and the fear of Nazi’s
Where was the resistance?
- many different places such as France, Poland, Lithuania, and Belgium
- Resistance intensified after the knowledge of the “Final Solution.”
- groups of Jews at concentration camps would use stolen weapons to attack guards
- They had minimal or no support from those around them- a small number of non-jews were involved in the resistance
An Armed Jewish Soldier
Soldiers would often steal clothes, food, and supplies from the Nazi soldiers.
Group of partisans
Numbered in thousands men and woman, these "soldiers" tried to fight the Nazis and save their lives.
Families would often seek shelter in the woods to escape the Nazi soldiers, and meet with other families.