Advancement Via Individual Determination
What is AVID?
- AVID is a program for "middle to upper middle" academic students. These students have the potential for Honors and Advanced Placement work in high school, but need academic and developmental support paired with rigor.
- AVID combines rigor with support that includes the student's own individual determination and the support of teachers, other AVID students, the AVID teacher, and university tutors.
AVID Parent Information Night
Tuesday, April 29th, 6pm
Fulmer Middle School
Come check out AVID for yourself!
Some requirements to be accepted into AVID
- GPA of a 2.0 to a 3.5
- Must be able to complete four-year university requirements prior to high school graduation.
- Must be a hard worker, have a positive attitude, and be collaborative in nature.
- Must be willing to devote extended time to study and improve academically.
- Must be willing to develop a routine for organizing school workload and responsibilities.
- Must be willing to utilize structured note-taking and inquiry based skills such as Cornell notes.
- Must be willing to seek assistance in classes when experiencing difficulty.
- Must be willing to actively participate in class tutorials.