Aiming to Keep You Informed
November 22, 2019
From the Office
Congratulations to both the 7th and 8th grade Girls Basketball teams on a very fun and successful season! We were very proud of the effort and character displayed by all players on a nightly basis. Thank you to our coaches, Mr. Buchholz and Mr. Ryan for their guidance and support!
Tryouts and clinics for Boys Basketball, Cheerleading, and Poms begin the week after Thanksgiving break. Detailed information is included further down.
Reminder ~ 5 Essentials Survey
Parents, we would appreciate you sharing your feedback by taking a few minutes to complete the 5Essentials Survey. To complete the parent survey, please visit https://survey.5-essentials.org/illinois/ and select Westfield Middle School. Thank you in advance for your time!
Reminder ~ Honor Roll Recognition - December 6th
We are hosting our 1st Trimester Honor Roll recognition on December 6th from 7:40am - 8:10am in our Athletics Gym, entrance 32. Students who earn a 3.2 or higher GPA for the First Trimester, will be eligible to attend. Parents and relatives of Honor Roll students are also invited to join us! Our PTO will be providing drinks and treats & the morning will include a performance by our Westfield Jazz Band. Families and students will be able to choose their seating and may sit together. As part of the program, students will be invited to stand and be recognized for their achievement. At 8:15, students will be dismissed from the gym to go to their lockers and all parents and guests will be required to exit the building. Honor Roll ribbons will be sent home with report cards. Attending the Honor Roll recognition is optional.
Looking ahead...Monday, November 25th & Tuesday, November 26th are Parent-Teacher Conference days and therefore No School for Students.....Wednesday, November 27th - Friday, November 29th all District 13 schools are closed.
Please visit our Google Calendar for all activities and schedules!
- Parent Teacher Conferences: November 25th & 26th 1-8pm
- Anderson's Book Fair: November 25th & 26th; Library Reading Room
- No Student Attendance: November 25th-29th Happy Thanksgiving!
- Boys Basketball Tryouts Begin: December 2nd; see info below
- Cheerleading/Poms Clinics & Tryouts Begin: December 2nd; see info below
- Student Council Sharing Tree Collection: December 2nd-6th; bring to the office
- 6th Grade Trip to Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago: December 3rd
- Band/Choir Holiday Tour: December 5th; 9am at DJ, 10:30 at EE
- Honor Assembly: December 6th 7:40-8:20am; light breakfast following in Commons
WESTFIELD THIS WEEK
Fashion Through the Decades in Drama Class:
Children in Need this Holiday Season
Cheerleading and PomPon Clinics & Tryouts:**
**All students MUST have a current physical on file to participate.
Co-ed Cheerleading Team:
- Clinics will be held on December 2nd and 3rd 3:40-5:30pm in the Commons
- Tryouts will be held on December 4th 3:40-6:30pm in the Commons
Co-ed Pom Pons Dance Team:
- Clinics will be held December 5th 3:40-5:30pm in the Commons
- Tryouts will be held December 6th 3:40-6:30pm in the Commons
Questions? Please contact Coach Stacy Kougias at email@example.com
Health/Physical Info: Nurse Beth Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Order Your Yearbook in November and Save 5%!
The Activity 'Late' Bus Takes Students Home Monday through Friday
The Westfield 'Late' Bus will take Westfield students home after 4:50pm for clubs, sports and activities. It will leave about 5:00pm from the front parking lot.
Forgot Something at School?
If you find that you left an item at school after dismissal, the Main office is open until 4:00pm and the custodians will check the Front Door once again at 4:50pm if you need to enter the building briefly to retrieve an item.
FROM WESTFIELD'S PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION (PTO):
The Un-Fundraiser Shirts are In!
Westfield PTO would like to thank all who participated in the ”Un-Fundraiser." The donations have already supported the Student Council Sharing Tree, PE Department and Back to School Bash. Thank you for your support!
Note - This voluntary fundraiser is in addition to PTO Dues. The PTO will not be doing any other fundraising.