Concert Detail Newsletter - Monday, November 24 @ 7:00 pm
Trimester one Band Concert
6:00 pm - men from varsity and concert band need to sign-out their concert dress tie. (All men in Varsity and Concert Band wear school issued neck ties to unify our ensembles) This can be done in the music commons from 6:00-6:10 pm. [All men must wear a button down, long sleeved, black shirt for our concerts]
- 6:10 pm - all band students must be getting their instruments ready for warm-up time in the band room at 6:15 pm
- 6:15 pm - all band students must be in the band room for a group warm-up time (attendance will be taken)
- 6:30 pm - tuning session begins in the band room
- 6:45 pm - students report to the PAC to be seated during the 8th grade band performance.
- 7:00 pm - Introduction of the 8th grade band and Mrs. Martinson, our concert begins!
ORDER OF PERFORMANCE:
- 8th Grade Band
- 9th Grade Varsity Band
- 10-12th Grade Concert Band
- Jazz Ensemble
CONCERT LENGTH PREDICTION:
- The 8th grade band will most likely have about 15 minutes of music to share.
- The 9th grade band has 3 pieces which will take no longer than 15 minutes.
- The 10-12th grade band has 4 pieces which should take about 20 minutes.
- The Jazz Ensemble will perform 3 pieces which should take about 15 minutes.
We will invite parents and family members to the hallway area after the three bands perform and feature our Jazz Ensemble while we enjoy desert items.
Freshman and Seniors:
To align with district food serving requirements, we ask that families of FRESHMAN AND SENIORS bring an item that is purchased from a grocery store and is packaged by the manufacturer. WE CANNOT ACCEPT HOME MADE FOOD ITEMS.
Food items can be brought to the back entrance of the PAC (by the trophy cases) between 6:00 and 6:30 pm. Doors will open for the concert at 6:30 pm.
Instrument Rent Reminder
Woodwind and Brass instruments: $40/trimester
Checks are to be taken to the high school office and given to Katie Lange before school or during the lunch shifts.
Payment is to be made to Sauk Rapids-Rice High School Bands. Please notate in the memo portion of your check: Band Instrument Rental Fee.
NOTICE: Parents are able to make their payments all at once if they wish. The office will accept payment for Trimester 1, 2 and 3 all at the same time.
Jazz Ensemble II begins!
We will perform on February 4 for our Region 8AA Solo/Ensemble Contest, on February 23 at our Trimester 2 band concert and on March 5th at our Jazz Extravaganza featuring all of the jazz bands from the middle and high school. More detail will be shared as we approach these performance dates.
Marimba Choir Begins!
Rehearsals will begin on Tuesday, December 2 at 7:15 am in the band room. Our first performance will be for the lunch shifts on the last day of school before Winter Break in late December.