- 18 years or older could vote
- Young Vietnam War fighters weren't able to vote until after this amendment was made.
Fight For The Right To Vote
- Thousands of young Vietnam men were to young to vote.
- Supporters chanted "Old enough to fight, old enough to vote!"
- People didn't have to face any obstacles.
Receiving Right To Vote
- The law stated that if you are 18 years or older shall not be denied to vote
- Congress has the power to enforce this article.
- 42 states ratified the Amendment
- Was proposed on March 23,1971
- Began during World War 2