3rd Grade Music Notes
Our September Learning Goals
- I will be able to follow the rules of music while singing, moving, and playing instruments.
- I will be able to sing using solfege (so, mi, la)
- I will be able to draw (and count) a whole note.
- I will be able to perform an ostinato (Body Percussion, Singing, Instruments).
- I will be able to read music.
September Songs We Have Learned
- Hello, There
- Up The Ladder, Down the Ladder
- Fuzzy Wuzzy
- Golden Rule
- Down to the Baker's Shop
Who Is Mr. Everybody?
Mr. Everybody's Musical Apartment is a silly story that we use to help us learn how to name the notes on the music staff (those five lines and four spaces). We use the initials of the characters to learn the names on the notes. Our first test is review over Book 1 (CDEF). We will review Book 2 over the next grading period, and eventually learn new notes in Book 3 by the spring semester. The week before a test, students will get their own set of flashcards to take home and study as homework.
You can learn more about Mr. Everybody's Musical Apartment by visiting the JM Music Website: http://hobart.schoolwires.com/Page/3190
Our 3rd Grade Concert is Tuesday, April 12 at 6:30pm (Grandparents day is at 2pm)
Are You Signed Up for JM Music Remind?
Remind is a free, safe, and simple messaging tool that helps teachers share important updates and reminders with students & parents. Subscribe by text, email or using the Remind app. All personal information is kept private. Teachers will never see your phone number, nor will you see theirs.