ALL STAR LABRADORS
Lee Elementary Class Pictures
Wednesday, Jan. 23rd, 9am-2:15pm
12900 West Little York Road
You many also order online at www.mylifetouch.com
Picture Day ID: RW018105G0
Labrador Winter Wear
Lee Elementary PTO is offering new Winter Wear with the design shown to the right. The garment color is navy blue.
We are accepting Pre-Orders Only!
Zip Up Hoodie - $30
Pullover Hoodie - $25
Crew Neck Sweatshirt - $22
Long Sleeve Shirt - $20
Deadline to order is Monday, January 28th.
Print out an order form and send it to school with payment.
Make checks payable to Lee Elementary PTO.
ACTION FOR APES CHALLENGE!
We are very excited to be partnering with the Houston Zoo through the end of April 2019 in a recycling challenge called Action for Apes. We will be working hard to collect as many handheld electronic devices (like cellphones and tablets) as possible to be recycled through the Zoo. To win the challenge, we must recycle the most approved items* by April 30. We need your help!
Please assist in this challenge by working with family members to collect old cell phones which students can bring to school to be added to collection box. If we win, we will be the recipients of a one-of-a-kind painting to hang in our hallway, done by the Houston Zoo gorilla troop!
Why recycle your unused or old cell phones through Action for Apes? To help save animals like gorillas in the wild!
Cell phones and other handheld electronic devices contain a material called tantalum that is derived from the mineral Col-Tan (columbite-tantalite). Coltan is often destructively mined in Central Africa, which is home to many endangered species like chimpanzees, okapis, and gorillas. Recycling your old cell phones and other handheld electronic devices allows for tantalum to be reused, decreasing the need for mining – an action which ultimately helps to safe wildlife!
Please join us in our participation in the Action for Apes Challenge and help us reach our goal and become the 2019 winners!!
*Cell phones, smart phones, iPods/MP3 players, iPads/tablets, WIFI hot spots, handheld gaming devices, and GPS count towards the challenge. Electronic accessories such as chargers, blue tooth headsets can be recycled but will not be counted towards challenge.
Lee Labrador Yearbook - All Star Labradors!
You may purchase your 2018-2019 Lee Labrador Yearbook for
Soft Cover $20
Hard Cover $25
Use Yearbook ID Code 12147019
You may also submit pictures for the yearbook. If you have great photos of school, such as field day, we'd like to see them. Our photographers can't be everywhere, so help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific yearbook everyone will want to have.
To submit photos
1. Go to: https://community.lifetouch.com/
2. Enter access code: XUGKAF
3. Create an account by entering name, email address, and password.
4. After verifying your account, you may log in and upload photos.
It's that easy! Submit your photos today! Photos may be submitted through February 15, 2019. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of the school year!
**The Yearbook Staff will review all photos and determine final yearbook content. We cannot guarantee that all submissions will be used.
Lee PTO News
The LEE PTO Board and members have been busy!
Here is a list of earnings and activities from last semester
FALL FUNDRAISER RESULTS:
· Club's Choice catalog fundraiser profit: $7,300
· Urban Air Spirit Night: $398
· McTeacher Night: $495
· Kroger Rewards Program: $206.41
· Box Tops earnings: $272.20
· Provided a popcorn party for the classes per grade that collected the most Box Tops. Popcorn donated by AMC Yorktown 15!
· Coordinated a Thanksgiving survival snack day for the staff.
· Provided popsicles for Field Day. Thank you to the Casas Group for donating 900 popsicles!
· Hosted a Holiday taco breakfast for staff for the 6th Day of Christmas. Thank you to Starbucks for donating coffee, and to Taco Cabana on Highway 6 for donating 8 dozen of the breakfast tacos!
· Coordinated volunteers: for Friday workroom flyer assembly, Vision Screening, Holiday Lab Loot store, helping at PTO table during Pumpkin math night, Open House, Family Fitness Night, etc.
Thank you to all volunteers who have helped to make a difference! We couldn't do any of this without you!
Thanks to McKendree Park HOA for donating $250 to Lee!
Contact us: Lee_PTO@outlook.com
Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LafayeJohnsonLee/
Superintendent Fun Run
On Saturday, March 2, Dr. Mark Henry and Cypress-Fairbanks ISD are excited to present the 6th annual Superintendent's Fun Run & Festival at Towne Lake, a Caldwell Community. The event is underwritten by Memorial Hermann-Cypress and benefits the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation. Click http://www.thecfef.org for more details on how you can make a difference in the lives of CFISD students through the CFEF!
Registration information https://www.cfisd.net/en/fun-run/
Stick around after the race and enjoy the event! From food trucks, to vendor booths, to photo ops with mascots and superheroes, this event has many fun aspects. You can also watch performances by community groups, spend time in the children’s zone with bounce houses, a rock wall, a bungee run, go karts and much more! We even have a special area to watch your sidekicks get in on the race day fun! *Sidekicks, up to 4 years old.
WatchD.O.G.S. Signup Information
If you were not able to make it to our WatchD.O.G.S. Kick Off Event and would still like to volunteer to be a WatchD.O.G.S., please fill out the Google Form
School Messenger: Email and Text Notification System
In order to have better communication with parents, information will now be sent via text and/or email through School Messenger.
What is SchoolMessenger?
SchoolMessenger allows you to personalize communications from your school or district into one centralized feed.
1. Click the LOG IN Button on the top of the page on your internet browser (https://accounts.relianceco.com/#/createuser),
or Download the SchoolMessenger App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market.
2. Enter your email address and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
3. After authenticating via your email, return to SchoolMessenger and sign in using your email and password.
What's in SchoolMessenger?
Once you've created your account, we'll automatically link the records associated with your email address. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account - student, staff, parent records.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information and configure how you would like to receive notifications.
Is SchoolMessenger secure?
The sign-up process creates a secure link between the user and SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger operates with the latest encryption technology to protect access to stored information. SchoolMessenger is also a signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge, which requires us to adhere to 12 stringent data protection standards as a further assurance of our commitment to protecting your data.
What else do I need to know?
Device (Push) Notifications will trigger a badge or alert when you receive new communications from your school or district. You can choose to receive Device Notifications in addition to, or instead of, the phone calls, emails, and text messages you normally receive.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
To enroll in the program to help support Lee Elementary:
All supporters must have a registered Kroger Plus card account online to be able to link their card to an organization.
If you do not have a Kroger Plus Card, you can obtain a digital Kroger Plus Card when creating an account online or at any Kroger store.
- Link your card at www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com.
- If you have an existing account, click on “Sign In”, otherwise click on “Create an Account”.
- If you are a new online customer:
- You will need to enter your email address, create a password, enter your zip code, click on favorite store, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once you are done entering your information you will get a message asking you to check your e-mail inbox and click on the link within the body of the e-mail that was sent to activate your Kroger account.
Already have a Kroger.com account?
- Enter your email address and password and click on “Sign In”.
- Click on Community then on Community Rewards” then click on enroll now, complete personal information, click on save.
- Enter your organization’s number or name and then click on “Search”.
- Select your organization and click on “Save”.
- To verify that you enrolled correctly, you will see your organizations name on the right side of your account settings page.
Once you are linked, you can start earning rewards immediately toward the organization you are supporting. (Note: The message saying that you are supporting an organization through the Kroger Community Rewards program will start printing on your receipt about 10 business days after you linked your card.)
Remember, you must swipe your registered Kroger Plus Card or use your Alt ID when shopping for each eligible purchase to count.
Thank you for participating in our Kroger Community Rewards program!
Safety is the top priority within our commitment to providing safe and efficient transportation to over
75,000 students every day. A crucial part of this service is knowing when and where each child gets on and off the school bus. ZPass allows parents to receive notifications when their child enters and exits the school bus.
How ZPass Works
Students place their ZPass Multipurpose Card in front of the card reader as they enter and exit the school bus.
The card reader emits an audible beep confirming the card was read.
The time, date and location of where the student gets on and off the bus are immediately recorded to a secure database, accessible only by transportation and school officials.
Parents can sign up for instant notifications, via push or cell phone text messaging and/or email.
Parents can sign up for notifications by going to https://www.zpassplus.com/. ZPass + app is available at Google Play and the App Store.
Badge replacement fees: $3.00 for bus badge and $1.00 for lanyard.
Show your Labrador spirit every Friday by wearing a Labrador T-Shirt. New "All Star Labradors" themed shirts may be purchased for $10.
Please use School Cash to pay at https://cypress-fairbanksisd.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/4050717/253853/False/False
Lee Elementary Website
Check out the Lee Campus Website for more information at http://lee.cfisd.net/en.
You can find all kinds of helpful information, including links to
- faculty email addresses
- lunch and recess schedules
- large group schedules
- school supply information
- spirit shirt order forms
- library resources
- access to student textbooks