This just in!
So much to do!
We have a lot of updates so hold on to your seats! This week we had so much to do! Tuesday was our "official" iPad rollout which consisted of getting our new Apple IDs, redoing our passwords, and recreating our CISD passwords. Your learners were so great and received many compliments from our Technology department as well as the Apple reps that assisted us that day. Yesterday your learners participated in a DAY OF SCIENCE while the 5th grade teachers took some time to plan ahead for the year. Today we had our Book Fair Preview, where we created lists of the books we would like to purchase! (More info below).
Some important class info before getting into the new updates from CCE!
- We finished Wonder so we will moving into Towers Falling, the book I discussed during Colt College that was published this summer for the 15th anniversary of 9/11.
- Progress Reports will go out next week ONLY to the learners making below a 70 in any of their subjects.
- Allaso Ranch in 2 weeks!!!
- Next week's curriculum: Pre-Assess and Start Decimal Place Value Matrix (Math), Planning and Finishing Personal Narratives (Writing), Genre Book Challenge and lessons on Metacognition (Reading), Geography and Latitute/ Longitude (Social Studies), Continuing on Matter (Science)
- Don't forget Special Friends Day on September 23!!!
New Attendance and Visitor Information
Some changes this year...
Religious Holiday Excused Absence
Vacation and Out of Town Excused
Visitor Policy Change
Fall Book Fair Info
The Book Fair will run from September 19 to September 23!
On September 20, there is "Breakfast, Books, and Buddies" where your learner can take you to come early and enjoy breakfast and books!
Be sure to check out the Teachers' Wish Baskets to add to our classroom library!
Allaso Ranch Information!
We are gearing up for the 5th grade trip to Allaso Ranch!! Thank you all so much for getting all of your paperwork in on time! I know you all have a lot of questions so I will try and answer them below. We will be sending out more information as we get closer to leaving. It is a lot of information but please read through all of if. If you have any specific question please feel free to email Jennifer MacLean firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 972-900-6320.
When are we going?
We leave school Wednesday, September 28th at 7:30am and return Friday, September 30th around 2:00PM.
What time does my child need to be at school on the day we leave?
Bring your child to CCE by 6:45 AM.
Prescription medicine on file in the nurse’s office at CCE will NOT be pulled- you must send in the needed supply for the trip. All prescription medicine for students needs to be sent to the clinic aid, Pam Johnson, no later than Thursday, September 22. Bring the medicine in the original container with prescription label along with the blue medication form you received in the yellow envelope on Meet the Teacher Night. If you turned you form in already, bring a zip lock bag and medication, we will pull your form for you. I have also attached the form to this email in case you lost yours.
If you are chaperoning your own child, you may bypass this and provide/dispense medications yourself.
Please limit luggage to one small suitcase (or duffle bag) per student. Your child will come home with a large zip lock bag with luggage tags and detailed packing instructions at the end of next week. Inside you will find a clear plastic trash bag labeled with their name. Use this bag to put their sleeping bag, sheets and pillow in.
How long is the bus ride?
Allaso Ranch is in Hawkins, Texas and will take about 2 hours to get there. All students are required to ride the bus to and from Allaso Ranch. If your child has a special circumstance and will not ride the bus please let Jennifer MacLean know as soon as possible - email@example.com.
Chaperones need to provide their own transportation.
Due to limited seating on the bus, all chaperones will need to drive to Allaso Ranch. You will received details on being a chaperone next week. An email was sent to all chaperones Friday, September 9 fromJennifer MacLean. If you did not receive this email please let her know - firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-900-6320.
What do I need to pack?
Please label all your child’s belongings with their name.
· Pillow with Case
· Sleeping Bag
· Fitted Sheet for bed (not required)
· 2 towels (1 for swimming, 1 for showering)
· Small string backpack with pencil, notebook and refillable water bottle. (You will carry this around with you when attend classes.)
· Flashlight and Extra Batteries
· Hat and Sunglasses
· Toiletries (Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Brush, Soap, Shampoo, Deodorant etc.)
· Insect Repellent
· 2 Sets of Clothes (shorts and shirts)
· Swimsuit (one piece modest suit for girls)
· Athletic Shoes
· Flip Flops or Slippers
· Socks and Underwear
· Blue Jeans or Long Pants (required for horseback riding)
· Light Jacket
· Rain Poncho
· Spending money for camp store. You can send anywhere from $5-$20. This isn’t required. Place money in a zip lock bag with your child’s name on it. Your child is responsible for keeping track of their money, we recommend keeping it in their suitcase.
How will we communicate with parents while at Allaso Ranch?
Teachers will be communicating with parents via email, class twitter accounts, and class Remind accounts.
Contacting us while we are at Allaso Ranch
If you need to get a hold of us while we are at camp, you can email your teacher. If it’s an emergency, you can contact me on my cell phone directly. Please only use my cell number for emergency purposes. Jennifer MacLean 972-900-6320.
Who will be with my child while they are at camp?
Dr. Penny, Mr. Gollner, Pam Johnson and all four of the 5th grade teachers will be at Allaso Ranch. In addition, we have around 30 wonderful chaperones that will be helping us.