Hawks Happenings Update
January 19, 2018
School Calendar Changes
Due to a loss of instructional days this week, we have some important calendar changes to tell you about.
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018, will now be a regular school day.
- Friday, January 26, 2018 will now be designated as an early release day for all schools. This time is needed to complete first semester grading and for high schools to transition from first to second semester.
- Thursday, February 22 will become a full day of attendance.
- Friday, February 23 will become a student attendance day with an Early Release. The early release for staff originally set for February 22 will now be observed on February 23.
- The two additional days lost will be made up at the end of the year, moving the last student attendance day to Tuesday, June 12.
Please be aware that at the beginning of second semester, Buncombe County Schools will send out a parent/staff survey to gather input and gauge opinions on how we should make up any further loss of instructional time.
January 24 - Regular Student Day
January 25 - School Improvement Team Meeting
January 26 - Early Release Day - School dismisses at 12:25 (No Clubs)
February 2 - Report Cards Go Home
February 6 - PTO Meeting at 8:15 at Weaverville Primary School
February 7 - Clubs Expedition AND Early Release Day
February 9 - Bright Star Theater presents Jackie Robinson at 9 AM in Gym (funded by PTO and school monies)
February 22 - Regular Student Day
February 23 - Clubs Expedition AND Early Release Day
February 26 - March 2 - Read Across America Week!
February 27 - School Improvement Team Meeting
March 2 - Favorite Book Character Parade and Author Visit by Barbara O'Connor
March 30 - Teacher Work Day - No School
April 2 - April 6 - Spring Break (April 5 and 6 may be used a makeup days if needed)
April 27 - 3rd Annual Leadership Day
May 21 - Field Day with May 23 as the rain date