Blue Oak Elementary Happenings
We need your help!
Blue Oak Updates
- 🎓 Attendance Winners - Congratulations for Ms. Lisson and Mrs. Sigrist's classes for more improve attendance in the second trimester! These classes celebrated on Friday with a donut party! To help encourage better regular attendance we are continuing this schoolwide competition in the third trimester. See this flyer for more information.
- 👕 Blue Oak Color Run - PTA is looking for businesses or families to support our jog-a-thon this year which will be a color run! To make sure students do not get their own shirts from home too messy, PTA will be providing a shirt to each student for this event sponsored by businesses and families. If you are interested in helping sponsor these t-shirts, please follow this link.
- 🌎 10th Annual Heritage Festival - See this flyer for more information on Buckeye's 10th Annual Heritage Festival which is held at Oak Meadow.
- 👩🏻⚕️ March Health News - Please see the March health update from our District nurses here.
- 🍴 Buckeye Food Services - Information regarding Food Services can be viewed here.
- 🎂 Birthday Marquee - Interested in celebrating your child's birthday with marquee recognition? Ask the office for the paperwork and $20 donation.
Save the Date!
- 3/15 - PTA Dine Out at Chipotle in EDH
- 3/15 - Buckeye Board Meeting (link with more info)
- 3/17 - BOLT Spirit Day - Be Irish and wear GREEN!
- 3/20 - PTA Meeting with Dr. Roth in attendance (all are welcome and encouraged to join)
- 4/3-4/7 - NO SCHOOL: Spring Break
Attendance Questions Answered
1. What is considered an Excused Absence?
By law [EC § 48205], excused absences are: illness [(fever 100° or more, persistent runny nose (not allergy related), vomiting, diarrhea, medical/dental appointments (doctor’s note required for verification)], death in the family, specific religious reasons, required appearance in court, and exclusion from school for contagious disease.
2. What can I do if my child needs to be out of school for a length of time?
If your child must go out of town for three (3) or more days, you may request that your child is signed up for an Independent Study Contract. Please note that teachers need at least one week’s notice in order to prepare materials without interrupting their instructional time.
3. I called in to verify my child's absence; why am I still getting truancy letters?
Unless the absence was for an excused reason (those stated in point #1), the absence is considered unexcused and truancy letters will be sent in accordance with Education Code of the State of California [EC § 48260-48273]. Ed Code states that any pupil who is absent from school for 3 days or more without a valid excuse (reasons specified in point #1), or tardy in excess of 30 minutes or more, is considered truant.
Attendance/registration - Charlene Bartholome
Secretary - Lindy Murray
Staff email addresses are first initial of first name followed by last name with address @buckeyeusd.org
For example: John Smith - email@example.com