AIS Friday Flash
Friday, October 23, 2020
Spirit Night @ Modern Market-Thank you!
Thank you for participating in our October Spirit Night at Modern Market! Modern Market is generously donating $270.99 back to the school. Make sure to mark your calendar for November's SN at MOD Pizza on Anderson Mill on 11/19.
Please remember that for the safety of our children and staff, the speed limit is 5 miles per hour or less while driving on campus.
Extended Pick-Up Time (Cycle 2)
Our Campus Opening Guide currently lists afternoon pick-up time for CP-CE2 students as 3:15-3:30 pm. After studying our afternoon traffic flow patterns since the re-opening of our campus, we have decided to extend this pick-up window to 3:45 pm in order to allow for more afternoon pick-up flexibility for Cycle 2 families. As a reminder:
- Cycle 1 students may be picked-up between 3:15 pm and 3:45 pm
- Cycle 2 students may be picked-up between 3:15 pm and 3:45 pm
- Cycle 3 & 4 students may be picked-up between 3:30 pm and 3:45 pm
MAP Assessments Begin- Mon., 10/26
Our next session of Measure of Academic Progress will begin on October 26th with GS-CP and Middle School. CE1and CE2 will begin testing the week of November 2nd, and CM1 and CM2 will begin the week of November 9th. Testing will primarily take place during morning blocks and students will have flexible testing time and the opportunity to make-up tests in case of absence. Please ensure that your child eats well and gets plenty of rest so that they are ready to do their best.
Parent-Teacher Organization Virtual Meeting-Tue., 10/27 5:30 - 6:30 pm
AIS Board of Directors Meeting-Tue., 10/27 6:30 -8:00 pm
Our governing Board of Directors will meet virtually on Tuesday following the PTO meeting. Members of our community are invited to attend the open session portion of our AIS board meetings. Participation during the meeting is reserved for members of the board and administrative staff, however, there is a public comment section at the conclusion of the open sessions for any community feedback from visiting guests.
Halloween at AIS-Fri., 10/30
While we can't have our typical costume parade or classroom parties, this year we are taking it mobile. The school looks forward to celebrating with you as a community.
- Students in GS and up (updated to include GS) may wear Halloween costumes to school per the following guidelines.
- no scary, bloody, or gory costumes
- no weapons or anything that resembling weapons
- no alcohol, tobacco or drug-related props or accessories
- no suggestive costumes inappropriate for children
- all students must wear regular face masks (not Halloween masks).
attire and colors. You may pack a costume for them to change into after naptime.
before our Spooktacular Car Parade.
Drive Through Spooktacular Car Parade
- Join us for a drive-thru car parade from 4:15 - 4:45 pm starting at the Millwood Library and following the parade route as shown.
- Trick your rig out! We will host a contest for the Best-Themed Car, the Spookiest Halloween vehicle, and Best in Show judged by Mr. Jacques, Ms. Emily, and Ms. April.
Parent-Teacher Conference Sign-Ups-Sat., 10/31 at 10:00 am
This year, Parent-Teacher Conference will take place virtually via Google Meets. The PTC Conference Manager will open for sign-ups on Saturday, October 31st at 10:00 am and will remain open for sign-ups until Thursday, November 5th at 10:00 am. Families can access the Conference Manager by visiting https://austinis.schoolsoft.com/ and either logging on (returning families) or creating a new account by clicking the REGISTER NOW button. To ensure that you receive emails from the Conference Manager, we recommend adding "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your Address Book.
Progress Reposts Disseminated-Mon., 11/2
Progress Reports will be sent home on Monday, November 2nd via email. Please read the email message sent with the progress report link for an explanation of the progress indicators on the progress reports. These documents are available through the link for 14 days, so don’t forget to save them for your records. If you have any questions about your child's progress report, feel free to reach out to your child's teaching team directly.
Head of School Coffee-Thur., 11/5 9:00 - 10:00 am
Join our Head of School, Jacques Weber, for a virtual Coffee from 9:00 - 10:00 am on Tuesday, 11/3. The HoS coffees alternate with the PTO community coffees on the first Thursday of each month. This month's coffee will focus on Middle School! CM1 and CM2 parents, please join us!
Parent-Teacher Conferences/Half Day of School-Thur., 11/5
The school will close early on Thursday, 11/5 to conduct Parent-Teacher Conferences with our families beginning at 1:00 pm. All students will need to be picked up from 11:30 - 12:00 pm. We will adjust the announce time on PikMyKid accordingly. Due to COVID restrictions, we do not have any childcare available. Please refer to the sign-up instructions above to secure a PTC session with your teachers.
Early Release (11:30-12:00) on Thu., 11/5 – No Childcare Available
Classes will end at 11:30 am on Thursday, November 5th. Students must be picked-up between 11:30 am and 12:00 pm following our normal dismissal procedures using PikMyKid. In order to prevent cross-contact between cohorts, childcare will not be available on the afternoon of Thursday, November 5th.
Parent-Teacher Conferences/No School - Fri., 11/6
We will hold Parent-Teacher conferences on Friday, October 25th. This is a staff workday and no childcare is available. Please refer to the sign-up instructions above to secure a PTC session with your teachers.
Save the dates
Mark these important upcoming dates on your calendars.
- 10/26 MAP Assessments Begin
- 10/27 PTO Mtg 5:30
- 10/27 Board of Directors Mtg 6:30
- 10/30 Halloween Car Parade
- 11/2 Progress Reports Disseminated
- 11/5 Coffee with the Head of School-All about the Middle
- 11/5 Half Day of School/Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 11/6 No School & Parent-Teacher Conferences continued
- 11/12 Middle School Night
- 11/18 Alumni Night-New Date
- 11/16-11/20 International Week
- 11/19 Spirit Night-Mod Pizza
- 11/23-11/27 Thanksgiving Break-No School