MacArthur 4K News
December 7th, 2015
- We learned a new nursery rhyme, Humpty Dumpty. We made a Humpty project and read and colored a Humpty Dumpty book. We estimated how many bricks (cardboard blocks) we could stack up and have Humpty fall from before he would break. He broke from 4 blocks in the morning and 5 in the afternoon.
- We peeled and ate hard boiled eggs for snack.
- We went to the library on Monday and Tuesday. Mr. G, the substitute librarian, read stories and played his guitar for the kids
- We made an Elmer the elephant project to go with all of our Elmer stories.
This Week in 4K:
- Library Story Time - Monday; Lending Library Checkout
- We will do be doing many gingerbread man activities this week.
- The morning class will be attending the k-5 Concert on Thursday at 10:00am. The afternoon class will be watching the K-5 practice concert at 2:00 on Wednesday.
- We will be practicing letter writing on the dry erase boards.
- We have a pizza restaurant in the house area.
- Monday, December 7th - I will be gone during the afternoon class. Miss Joni will be here as a substitute. (My appt. changed from last week to this week)
- Tuesday, December 15th - Show and Tell Day. Students can bring in one toy, book, or photo to share and tell about. (No toys with weapons please)
- Friday, December 18th - Play date from 10-11:30. We will be doing some holiday activities and decorating a Christmas cookie. Please join us for part of the time or feel free to stay the whole time. A note will come home soon with more details.
We are finally running low on snacks for the students. Please send a package or two or snacks with your child sometime in the next few weeks. We still have several boxes of goldfish, but could use granola bars (chewy), pretzels, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, cuties, string cheese, gogurts, or squeezy applesauce. Thank you!