Mrs. Barber's First Grade
Important Dates Coming Up
- Dec. 9-Social Studies Test
- Dec 10 Holiday Shop-information and envelopes are in the Friday Folder
- Dec 10 End of Course Language Arts/Reading Assessment (12:50-2:30)
- Dec 11 End of Course Math Assessment (12;50-2:30)
- Dec 14 Graphing Unit Test
- Dec 17 Holiday Party-(9:10-10:30) volunteers needed to help with centers
- Dec 18 Gingerbread house creations-information will come home next Friday as soon as we create our decoration needs!!!
- Dec 18 Perfect Attendance Event
Word Work: we continue to work on word families and looking at blends in new words (bl,wh,th,sh,gl and fl)
Writing Workshop: we are experts on many things and we are showing our classmates "how to" do many things. This genre helps us sequence events and work on transitional words (first, next, then, also, last and finally).
Grammar: we are reviewing the AKS for the semester: punctuation, capitalization, correct verb tense, spelling words, possessive nouns, and recognizing verbs.
Social Studies: we are finishing up our unit on Lewis and Clark and Sacagawea. Our unit test is on Wednesday December 9. After that, we will explore holiday traditions. If you do not want your child to participate in any of these activities, please send me an email.
Math: We are awesome time tellers, everyone did an excellent job on our time test. We will review graphing and focus on questions such as how many more and less, when analyzing our graphs. The last math test on graphing will be Monday December 14
Thank you for all your help with homework and reading logs!!!!