Friday, July 7, 2023
Laptop Equipment Collection Information
High School Students must return their assigned ThinkPad, with stylus and power adapter by June 22, 2023. High School students may return their devices to the HF-L Technology Office in the High School (Room 125) or via the Tech support drive-up window located in the bus loop.
June 12th -22nd: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
* All devices should be handed in with a stylus (if applicable), a charger and all decorative stickers removed.
* Over the summer, all devices are checked for hardware issues and then reimaged. As such, all files should be backed up in OneDrive.
* Students can access Office 365 (Outlook email and OneDrive) from another device. There is a Quick Link on the HF-L website for ClassLink that will easily connect students to Office 365.
* Unreturned and damaged equipment will be invoiced for the replacement cost after June 22nd.
An important message for the Class of 2023:
Your HF-L Office 365 account, including email and your OneDrive file storage will be available until August 30, 2023. After that date, your account will be disabled.
* Before you hand in your laptop, check your files to see if there are any that you will want to keep after your account is disabled. Be sure to also check your desktop, the Documents folder, and the Pictures folder. All files that you want to keep should be saved in OneDrive.
* If you have a personal account with cloud storage (personal Microsoft account, dropbox, Google Drive), you can upload any files to your personal account from your OneDrive folder on your laptop.
* Once you hand in your laptop, you will only have access to files that are in OneDrive online. You can still access and save files from OneDrive online up until August 30, 2023. You can download OneDrive files to a home computer, external hard drive or jump drive for backup.
* You can access your email and OneDrive by going through ClassLink from the HF-L Website. * If you have leveraged an Office license for a personal device (downloaded Office to a home computer), then access to Office applications will cease when your account is disabled.
* If you have a personal Microsoft account and would like to save a copy of your Class Notebook, then follow the steps in this Microsoft article (copy and paste the URL):
* You can create a free, personal Microsoft account, with cloud storage, at