Athena W TB 7
What Is Pubic Lice?
Pubic lice are tiny insects that can crawl from the pubic hair of one to another, usually during a sexual intercourse. The lice lives by sucking the blood from their host.
What Are Some Symptoms?
Symptoms are usually noticeable within a week. It takes 2-3 weeks for mature lice to appear. Some symptoms include:
- intense itching
- tiny tan to grayish white insects crawling in pubic hair
- tiny oval shaped, yellow to white blobs (nits) clinging to hair
- can leave bluish-gray marks on thighs and pubic area from bites
What Are Some Problems?
- itching very uncomfortable
- easy to transmit
How Can You Prevent Pubic Lice?
- don't have sex with someone with pubic lice (even if a condom is used)
- wash clothing, towels, and bedding often