BG eNews -Home Edition
May 6, 2020
Notes from Mrs. Klueppel...
- A plan for student supply pick up will be shared with you this Friday. Information will also be shared on how to return school supplies back to the school.
- Report Cards will be available on HAC on 5/28/20.
- Where Do I Go If I Have Questions?: With so much information and communication flooding your inbox daily you might not even know where to start if you have a question. Here is a little guidance... if you have a question about anything related to your child or their daily lessons please reach out directly to your child's teacher. If you have questions beyond the classroom please reach out to me (email@example.com). I can't promise you that I have all the answers but I know where to go find them for you!
We won't be able to collect box tops again this school year. Please save them for the fall and we will collect them then! Keep scanning your receipts on the app to get credit for your purchases. It is so much easier than clipping. Did you know many retailers also give credit for online grocery orders? Just email your receipt to receipts@boxtops4education. Plus, through May 10th, they will be awarding double box tops points through the app for Teacher Appreciation Week !
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
It’s teacher appreciation week! Even though we are apart, let’s show our teachers that we are still thinking about them and appreciate everything they’ve been doing to keep the learning going! Normally, we would do something special for the staff each day this week. We know that you and your kids already have your plates full with trying to home school, work, and just keep it together so, we’re keeping it simple.
If you could please have your student choose one of the following to do on Thursday and Friday, I know they will be so touched. Please remember our “specials” teachers too!
1. Send your teacher a virtual bouquet.
2. Write a poem for your teacher.
3. Send your teacher a favorite memory from the school year.
4. Make your teacher laugh and send her/him a joke.
5. Tell your teacher what you miss most about school.
6. Tell your teacher the coolest/most creative thing you’ve done during the “stay at home” time.
Feel free to get creative and do something different if you like! And thank you again for helping us show the teachers how we feel!
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR 2020-21
East & North students share their music and thoughts about being in the D303 Band Program
Parent Survey on Remote Learning
The information gathered, along with student and staff feedback, will be used to help D303 understand, plan, and adjust.
Returning Student Registration
Returning Student Registration for 2020-2021 has moved to an online format. In years past, parents completed the necessary paperwork in paper format. This year, all acknowledgments and authorizations are contained in a single electronic, online registration form that will be easily accessible from most electronic devices (computer, Chromebook, and Smartphones).
Parents can sign into the Returning Student Online Registration form using their Home Access Center (HAC) credentials, select individual students, and complete their registration. The form is located in the Parents/Community menu of the District website.
Registration fees for elementary and middle school are available in Pushcoin and billed to reflect the early bird discount of $10.00 if paid by May 22. High School fees will be available in June. For families who may qualify for a fee waiver, and are not directly certified by the state, a 2020-2021 district fee waiver application will be available on the District 303 website in July, accessible from the Parent/Community menu.
Reaching Out Survey
Bell-Graham is very fortunate to have a full-time Social Worker, Mrs. Brandt, and a full-time Psychologist, Mr. Cornwell on staff. The three of us will continue to work together to address the needs revealed within this survey. Thank you in advance for taking time to complete this survey.
Mrs. Klueppel, Mrs. Brandt, & Mr. Cornwell