FEBRUARY 17, 2016 EDITION
In Eagle Times this week...
- ISWA website link
- Photograph by Ciara Renda
- February Lifeline & Eagle Times calendar
- Photograph by Tina Aldahlawi
- Student Spotlight: Aamazziah Gilford
- OUR 2016 YEARBOOK NEEDS YOUR PHOTOS!
- Drawing by Katherine Martin
- Ribbon Club Information by Marisa Recker
- Ribbon Club artwork by Citali Maldonado
- Eagle Times Newsletter contributor link
- Photograph by Noah Bleam
- PROM FAQs and PROM COMMITTEE APPLICATION LINK
- Insight School of Washington COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY RSVP (Class of 2016)
- National Honor Society (NHS) Information
^^^PHOTOGRAPH BY CIARA RENDA^^^
^^^PHOTOGRAPH BY TINA ALDAHLAWI^^^
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Aamazziah Gilford
My name is Aamazziah Gilford, but I go by by Miracle to prevent tongue twisters. I'm 14 years old, I'm a freshman and this is my first year at Insight. My hobbies are sports. I love soccer and basketball (Ball Is Life!) I'm a huge Barcelona FC fan.
I live with my aunt who adopted me and my sister in 2005. I can cause a lot of trouble but I try not to. I love my nieces and nephews. In the future want to own my own dance studio.
OUR 2016 YEARBOOK NEEDS YOUR PHOTOS!
My name is Andrea Teske, and I’m part of the crew in charge of putting out the current yearbook. We are working really hard to put together an amazing yearbook, but we need your help. We have several pages that just don’t have enough photos.
If you are in National Honor Society, can you please submit a photo of yourself? Make sure to identify that you are in NHS, too, please.
We also need photos of your pets, you in Seahawks gear, and any artwork or photography.
How to Upload Photos
Go to replayit.com to submit your photos. Please, have your photos submitted by 5 February. We want to give you as much time as we can, but we really do have a hard due date to get the yearbook assembled. You can also watch this video and Athena will show you how simple it is to upload your photos: http://bit.ly/1IRj2Cr
Purchase Your Yearbook!
Want to own a copy of the 2015-2016 Insight School of Washington yearbook? Place your order today! The last date to purchase a yearbook is 26 February. In June, it will be mailed to you. http://bit.ly/1n4PQ11
Follow us on Social Media
^^^DRAWING BY KATHERINE MARTIN^^^
Ribbon Club meets every other Tuesday at 2 p.m. in Class Connect! Stop by on March 1st and learn more!
I'm looking forward to talking with you then!
(Ribbon Club Artwork by Citali Maldonado)
ARTISTS & WRITERS: WE NEED YOU!!!
To share your ideas and interest, CLICK HERE: http://bit.ly/2015ISWANEWSLETTER!
Or email me directly at email@example.com.
(Drawing to the right - Noah Bleam)
PROM FAQs & PROM COMMITTEE APPLICATION LINK
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE PROM COMMITTEE?
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, February 19th
FIRST PROM COMMITTEE MEETING (in Class Connect): Thursday, February 25th at 10:00 a.m.
LINK TO APPLY: http://bit.ly/ISWA2016PROMCOM
Insight School of Washington 2016 Prom will be held at Bellevue College on Saturday, June 18th, starting at 7:00 pm and ending at 10:00 pm
Bellevue College Address:
Student Union, Building C
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007
- Prom Committee will meet once a week, online in Class Connect - every Thursday at 10:00 a.m.
- Our 2016 Prom theme and decorations will be chosen by our Prom Committee
- ALL Insight School of Washington students (all grade levels) are invited to attend Prom!
- A Prom RSVP form will be KMailed in March
- Prom is FREE for all Insight School of Washington students and one non-student guest
- Every ISWA student may bring one (1) guest
o A Guest Pass form will be available in March
o Every guest must provide a guest pass, signed by their school administrator
o If you would like to bring a guest over the age of 20, you must receive permission from Principal Hammond
- Dress code is semi-formal
o semi-formal or formal gowns
o semi-formal or formal suits with button-up shirts (ties and jackets are encouraged)
- We will have a room set up on-site for parents/guardians/drivers who want to stay close while students enjoy Prom
- Our professional photographer for Prom is Olympic Photo Group: http://www.olympicphotogroup.com/schools
o Students will be able to purchase photo packages directly from the photographer
o Photo package information will be KMailed in March
- We will have a photo booth, a professional DJ, dance lights, and light snacks and beverages
Insight School of Washington COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Saturday, June 18th, 1pm
3000 Landerholm Circle Southeast
- You are welcome to view the recording of the Graduates Assembly, held November 12, 2015:
- When you know how many guests are able to attend, please RSVP using this link: http://bit.ly/ISWA2016GRADRSVP
NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY
The ISWA Chapter of the National Honor Society is looking for new members! If you have completed at least one semester at Insight, are in grades 10-12, AND have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, we would love to have you join us!!
We meet the 3rd Thursday of each month at 9:00 a.m. in Class Connect!
Please Kmail Teacher Darice Bales for a Candidate Information Packet. Thank you!!!