Week of October 5
You will begin teaching the balloon breathing technique to use to calm down.
Commitment for the week:Kind Words
Today's Morning Message:
I have a family.
- Say the words in the morning message, tapping your knees for each word. Count the words. Have children count the words.
- Write the sentence. Point to each word each word as you read it Encourage children to say the words.
- Point to the letter F. Point to the letter M.
Moving and Learning
Cristina and the Frog
Questions to ask:
What do you think she plans to do with the frog?
What does Cristina want the frog to become?
Using the pictures on page 10-13- What is the father making?
C, F, T, M
Today Practice writing the letter M and finding items that start with the letter M.
We are beginning a new unit about families.
In your journal write Families and describe families.
family, mother, father
Talk about what the families are doing in each picture.
Daily Literacy Practice
- writing your name
- putting together name puzzle
- practice saying the letters and sounds of the letters in your name when someone points to the letters in random order
- Review flashcards for letters c, f, and t.
- Add Letter M to flashcards Make one that is the uppercase letter and one that is the lowercase letter. Review these letters each day.
- Find things in your house that start with each letter we have studied.
- write the number
- make a group of 3
- count the group
Cut out 4 objects and glue them in your journal. Write the number 4 on the page with your objects. Take a picture of your journal page to submit in see saw.
Shape of the week:
- draw a circle
- find circles around you
See Saw Math shapes and colors
Talk about ways to help your family.
Who is in your family?
How many people are in your family?
Talk about how many plates you would need to set the table for your family.