For 6th - 8th Grade Teachers
What will be covered?
This two-day Sheltered Instruction training will provide teachers with information on how to utilize sheltered instruction practices in secondary classrooms.
Day one will focus on Developing Academic Vocabulary which will address:
- Making your classroom a safe place for learning
- Identifying essential words
- Activating prior knowledge, build background and connecting to existing schema
- Give students the opportunities to speak, read and write using the vocabulary
Day two will focus on Sheltered Instruction Lesson Planning which will address:
- Overview of lesson planning tools
- Model an example of a research-based content-area strategy adjusted for ELLs
- Use exemplar lessons to provide participants the opportunity to practice embedding sheltered instruction activities
Monday, July 18th, 8:30pm to Tuesday, July 19th, 3:30pm
3908 Avenue B
When: July 18th - July 19th
Time: 8:30 - 3:30
To register email Kristina Gutierrez at email@example.com and include your name, e-number and campus name.
*The Department of English Language Learners will provide teachers in attendance with extra duty pay.
For more information, please contact Juanita Madrigal at 512-414-9564 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.