It's Spooky Season..
Table Of Contents
- Important Dates
- Financial Aid Workshops
- FAFSA Application
- TRIO Tutoring Resources
- WMU Tutoring Resources
- Handy Reminders
- Canceled Drop-In Advising Dates
- TRIO FESP Is Hiring!!
- How To Study For Midterms
- Camping At Pretty Lake
- Welcome Back Bash
- Homecoming Court Candidate
October 14- Midterm grades due
October 21- Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
October 22- Priority registration begins
Financial Aid Workshop Series
We are hosting a 4 part Financial Aid Workshop Series this Fall to help you prepare for the 2020 school year whether its another wonderful year or a new year in graduate school.
Anyone who attends 3 out of the 4 available workshops will receive a choice of TRIO SWAG (sweatshirt, shirt, or bag.)
Financial Aid Workshop Series Two: Finding Scholarships & Completing the FASFA- Tuesday, October 22,2019 from 4-5:30 p.m.
Harmony will be working with participants on completing the FASFA application for the 2020-2021 school year and how to search and prepare for scholarships. Please prepare by bringing documents related to income for FASFA application.
Financial Aid Workshop Series Three: Scholarships Writing- Date and Time TBD.
TRIO FESP Office Staff will host a writing workshop to help you revise essays or statements for those scholarships you are looking to apply too.
Financial Aid Workshop Series Four: Personal Budgeting- Date and Time TBD.
TRIO FESP Office Staff will present on personal budgeting so that you can learn new tips and ticks to managing your money.
Just A Reminder..
Drop-In Advising hours: 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Advisors will be unavailable from 11:30 a.m-1:30 p.m
Fridays we DO NOT have Drop-In Advising
If you would like to stay updated with our events, visit our Event page on WMU's website: https://wmich.edu/trio-future-educators/events
TRIO FESP Is Hiring!!!
The TRIO FESP office is hiring a new student office employee to work 5 hours a week in the office. If you are interested in applying for the position, you must submit your resume and availability through WMU's Handshake: https://app.joinhandshake.com/login. In Handshake, the job posting is labeled as Student Office/Lab Assistant.
The job posting will be open for 2 weeks, ONLY.
If you do not know how to use Handshake, click on the link below to find out more information on how to use it. https://wmich.edu/career/campus/students
If you need assistance creating a resume, you will need to stop by the Career and Student Services located in Elsworth Hall. https://wmich.edu/career/students
If you have any questions, feel free to email Harmony or ask TRIO staff in the office!
TRIO Tutoring Resources
We now have tutoring available in the office! We have a variety of individuals who tutor in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, Special Education, and Secondary Education and multiple classes within each of these program of study.
Did you know this program is created to be inclusive?
Here are the many ways you can utilize the tutoring program:
- Stop by during the available hours.
- Drop-off items for review or editing (such as papers, presentations, etc.)
- Email items for review (papers, presentations, etc)
- Schedule a phone/text/chat/video conversation
- Email questions
Use this email for tutoring requests: email@example.com
Please be specific in what you are requesting and provide adequate documentation such as syllabus information of assignment.
If these resources do not work for you, make sure to look at WMU Tutoring resources below!
Other Tutoring Resources
- The Bronco Study Zone is a good place to go for help with homework, studying tips, and time management. It is located in 3374 Rood Hall Monday-Thursdays 8 a.m-10 p.m, Fridays 8 a.m-5 p.m, Sundays 1 p.m-10 p.m. https://wmich.edu/arts-sciences/academics/student-success/bronco-study-zone
- The Writing Center is a good resource to use if you need help with essays and other writing assignments. You can book an appointment on their website: https://wmich.edu/writingcenter
How To Study For Midterms
- Start a class study group! Did you know you can email your entire class through e-learning and begin a study group? Study groups are a great way to meet new people and get homework done!
- Get a tutor if you are struggling! TRIO has drop-in tutoring? Come into the office and check out who is available for tutoring!
- Go to your professors office hours! Getting to know your professor outside of class during office hours is key to getting them to understand you! If you're struggling in class and utilizing office hours, your professor will see that you are trying and may be more helpful for the midterm and final!
- Go over your lecture notes and notes in class from that day! Reading over lecture notes fresh after class is extremely helpful for fully understanding and comprehending the material from class that day!
- Don't over study! Over studying can cause a lot of stress and anxiety. Make sure you are managing your time with studying, planning ahead what you will be studying, and to not study the night before your midterm! Sleep is key for passing a midterm as well!
TRIO Camping Trip At Pretty Lake!
Welcome Back Bash Was A Success!
One of our own on WMU Homecoming Court!
"I feel so honored to be a part of the WMU Homecoming court this year! It is a dream come true! Not only do I get to bring awareness to my organization, A Moment of Magic but I also get to be a voice for all future teachers!"
Please consider voting for Aliea! Voting will start Monday, October 7th and go through Oct. 11.