Thelma Jones Elementary Week of November 8th-November 12th
Greetings Shark Family!
We have a lot of great things happening in the month of November. Please take a look at our important dates or our November calendar to make sure you are a part of the fun. Have a wonderful week Shark family!
Toys for Tots collection begins this month
11th-Veteran's Day Celebration
12th-Kinder Field Trip
15th-19th-One Kind Word Week, see Ms. Keller's newsletter for more information
16th-Retakes only for fall pictures/Returning students first photo
17th-Special Thanksgiving lunch menu in the cafeteria
18th- Academic Adventure Night 5:30-7
1st-Toy Drive and Holiday Event 5 p.m.-10:30 p.m. Performing Arts Center
Come join us for a delicious Thanksgiving lunch in the cafeteria
Please let us know if you plan on attending by responding on the form below.
Our Unity Celebration: Bashkim House had a "Donuts and Doodles" party for earning the most house tickets for the 1st and 2nd six weeks. We are so proud of their hard work. Encourage your student to make good choices so that they can keep earning house tickets.
Mansfield ISD wants to ensure the healing process continues and that students, staff and families are able to get the assistance they need to cope with a crisis any time of the day.
Remember that Mansfield ISD’s 24/7 Student Support service is always available. It provides assistance to students for various struggles during non-school hours. There’s even additional support through a free referral service to help those with mental health or substance use issues to get matched for treatment.
Another valuable resource is Cigna’s free community resource that provides support during times of high stress and anxiety. The company has a 24-hour toll-free helpline (1-866-912-1687) to connect people directly with qualified clinicians who can provide support and guidance.
Please monitor your feelings and emotions frequently and listen to your children as well to see if they are doing okay. We are in this together, and we want to ensure no one is walking through this difficult time alone. There are free resources and professionals standing by who can listen to you and help.
We are here for you and your (our babies). Please reach out if you need assistance.
Mrs. Keller's latest Newsletter-Please check it out!
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
In an effort to make sure our systems and procedures are running as smoothly as possible, I am including a few reminders about our dismissal process.
- Please make all transportation changes by 3:00 p.m.
- If you are making a transportation change, please email the teacher. If you do not receive a confirmation response by 3:15 p.m. you may call the office. Please do not call the office first. Oftentimes the office staff is very busy with phone calls and other duties. Likewise, everyone has different work schedules so we are not fully staffed at dismissal. We do not want to miss delivering a message about transportation changes so please make every effort to make those changes through the teacher.
- No dismissal changes will be made by word of mouth. We must hear it from the parent.
- Please limit walking into the office to pick up your students during dismissal. Again, we have limited staff and they are busy calling buses and answering phones.
- Once students have started moving to their dismissal location, we will not call them to the office until the office staff has fulfilled their required duties.
- Please be kind to the TJE staff!
- Write your child's teacher a note in their take home folder, if there is a change in how they get home.
- For same day changes, please email your child's teacher as soon as possible. If you do not receive a reply, then call the front office.
- No students dismissal schedule will be changed by word of mouth.
- Students need to be in class by 8:00 to be considered on time.
- Students must be picked up by 3:45.
- If your son/ daughter is in kindergarten or 1st grade, they must have an adult awaiting their arrival at the bus stop.
Covid Tiered System
Along with the list of health and safety protocols that have been in effect since the beginning of the school year, MISD has released a new COVID-19 advisory level system that provides guidance for implementing elevated mitigating strategies if percentages of active cases rise at a certain campus.
The advisory levels consist of green, yellow, and red tiers. Please view the COVID-19 advisory level system here. If the advisory level at a campus changes, the school principal will send out communication to parents and staff with further information.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
- FREE MEALS for ALL students will continue for the 2021-22 school year!
Every MISD student is eligible for one free breakfast meal and one free lunch meal every school day.
A la carte and extra meal items will still be available for purchase.
It is very important that families still complete the Free & Reduced Meal Applications this year if they feel they might qualify. Why? Qualifying families approved on the program receive other valuable benefits and services for their children. It is also important for district funding opportunities, like Title 1 and comp ed, that are dependent on economically disadvantaged student data. Here is a short video that explains more about it:
We are hiring! The Student Nutrition Department has several positions to fill across the district. If you know of parents, community members, family, and/or friends looking for a job, please share! Thank you for spreading the word!
Apply for free & reduced meals: https://www.schoolcafe.com/mansfieldisd
Meal Payment System
SchoolCafé is a safe and secure way for parents to add funds to student(s) lunch accounts, monitor student(s) account balance, view purchases, and payments, and set up low balance email alerts. Register for a SchoolCafé account.
Questions about your child's cafeteria account?
If you have questions regarding a student's cafeteria account (application status, purchase history, obtaining ID or PIN, enrollment, etc.), please be ready to provide all names, schools, and IDs along with your questions to Student Nutrition at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-299-6040.
Student Central is a place where Mansfield ISD parents can find the resources they need for school.
Do you need to update your email address or phone numbers in Skyward? You can make those changes in Family Access.
- Log into Family Access
- Click on My Account (top right corner)
- When the Account Settings screen opens, there is place for your email address and up to three phone numbers.
- Please note – Each parent/guardian can enter one email address to receive communication via Skyward Message Center.
- Once changes are made, click Save.
If you, parent/guardian, is unable to log into Family Access, there are a couple options:
1 – Use the Forgot Your Password link from the Family Access login page
2 – Email email@example.com
Mansfield ISD will provide bus transportation for all students meeting the eligibility requirements for transportation.
Find My Bus
School Bus Rider’s Safety Handbook
For Bus Delays & Substitutions https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j_9bi_plWMqtBDp8AG8B31rb3KzTAOIhRWe8B0CwTnY/edit