Otsego High School
Weekly Newsletter (Semester II, Q4, Week of May 16)
From the Desk of Mr. O'Shea
Congratulations Class of 2016
It's Graduation Week. That's right the class of 2016 graduates on Sunday, May 22 at 2:00pm in the HS Gymnasium. No tickets are required to attend. However, we do typically pack the gym. Doors do not open until roughly one hour before the ceremony.
Congratulations to all our seniors and their families. I am looking forward to Sunday.
Seniors this week, will be turning in Chromebooks, Cleaning out lockers, and taking final exams. Our Graduation rehearsal is Friday morning. This is mandatory for all seniors in order to walk in the graduation ceremony. If you do not come to rehearsal you will not be permitted to walk at graduation.
Seniors please bring your caps and gowns to the rehearsal. Just bring them, you don't have to wear them.
The Senior Cookout is Tuesday. Superintendent, Adam Koch, and I will be grilling out for the seniors and providing desert. Seniors have a great week. Be Safe, and please do not do anything that could jeopardize your privilege to walk on Sunday.
Finally, Congrats to our Ag students for putting on another hugely successful Ag Day. What and awesome event. I have some highlight pictures later in the Newsletter. Also, congrats to our Baseball team for advancing in the state tournament to Play Thursday in Defiance. #GoKnights.
Senior Parent Letter of Important Dates coming up
To: Parents/Guardians of Otsego High School Seniors
From: Kevin O’Shea, Principal
Our seniors are looking forward to the closing weeks of school with great anticipation. This letter is to advise you of the activities and requirements for seniors during the closing days leading up to graduation.
- Tuesday, May 17th - Last regular day of school for OHS seniors.
***All outstanding school fees are due May 17th - Fees must be paid in full by this date in order to take part in the graduation ceremony.
- If you are taking correspondence courses (not PSEOP), your final transcripts are due this day.
- Tuesday, May 17th Senior Lunch (11:30am-1:00pm in HS Commons)
- Wednesday, May 18th ***Exams for OHS seniors. These dates may change weather permitting (fog).
- Thursday, May 19th ***Exams for OHS seniors.
- Friday, May 20th - Senior graduation practice (8:00 AM in OHS Commons)
Attendance is MANDATORY: All seniors who plan to participate - in the graduation ceremony MUST attend this practice.
- Seniors, please dress nicely for graduation practice and bring your Cap and Gown.
- A breakfast will be provided for you by the cafeteria staff.
- Make-up day for exams for Seniors.
PENTA IMPORTANT DATES
- Tuesday, May 17th - Penta Senior Recognition Ceremonies for select programs.
- Wednesday, May 18th - Penta Senior Recognition Ceremonies for select programs.
- Thursday, May 19th - Penta Senior Recognition Ceremonies for select programs.
- Sunday, May 22nd - Graduation Ceremony (2:00 PM in the Otsego High School Gym) Graduation Picture Order Form
- Seniors must be at OHS (meet in corridor “C”) by 1:15 PM.
- Boys should wear dress pants, dress shirt with a collar and tie, dress shoes and socks (no sandals or tennis shoes).
- Girls should wear a dress, skirt, or dark pants with dress shoes that are dark or neutral in color with a moderate heel (no flip-flops, floppy sandals, or tennis shoes).
- Seniors who do not participate in the graduation ceremony may pick up their diplomas in the OHS Office on or after May 24th.
- This is an exciting and memorable time for your senior. Otsego students have traditionally behaved like ladies and gentlemen at all school activities. We have come to expect this from all Otsego students, and it is the exception rather than the rule, when this does not happen.
- A word of caution about senior pranks - please talk with your son or daughter and help us keep the last few weeks safe and devoid of any controversies which might affect graduation activities. In order to avoid potential problems, we will again have campus security.
Please review the dates and activities with your senior so that everyone may cooperate to make the last days of school and graduation a pleasant occasion that will be remembered with pride.
Kevin O’Shea, Principal
2nd Semester Exam Schedule & Forms
Exams are on:
Wednesday May 25 (Periods 1, 2, 3)
Thursday May 26 (Periods 4, 5, 6/7)
Friday May 27 (Periods 8, 9) *Early Dismissal
Students are permitted to come to school late if they do not have an exam during the first period(s) of the day. Once a student comes to school though, they cannot leave until the scheduled end of the day, unless a parent physically comes in and signs their child out. Friday May 27th the students who have turned in a signed early dismissal form will be dismissed early. Students with out a signed form will be held in classes until the regularly scheduled 2:20 end of the day. Busses run during their normal times.
19th - HS Choir Concert, 7pm HS Auditorium
22nd - Graduation, 2pm
23rd - HS Band Concert, "Stars, Stripes, and Sousa" 7pm HS Auditorium
24th - Board of Education Meeting, 6pm HS Library
25th - Exam Day#1
26th - Exam Day #2
27th - Exam Day #3, Early Dismissal
27th - End of 4th Quarter
Students receive certificates for academic excellence.
Members of the Legion present school and students with honors.
Scholar Athletes enjoy a day at the baseball field watching the Mudhens.
Baus takes second Place in the 100m.
Alex Wenig, Zion Richardson, Maggie Long, Lauren Wynn take 1st Place in the 400x400.
Alex Wenig and Maggie Long
Mackenzie Wenig and Louisa Pullins educate our youth about all things Ag.
Softball team huddled up in between innings.
Students in Family Consumer Science Courses making delicious dishes.
Tractors line the parking lot for Ag Day.
Marissa Garrett, Ryan Lashaway, Drew Teifke, and Jacob Thomas talking soil with young students.
Students receiving awards for Academic Excellence
Boys advanced in tournament and play this Thursday in Defiance.
Boys track team finished in 2nd place at the League Meet
Tim Downey Memorial Invitational
Kilion Clark letting it fly...Lovin' the form.
Tim Downey Memorial Invitational
Derek Morgan with the long jump
Marissa Garrett, Ryan Lashaway, and Will Gase talking Soil.
Kids and their Animals
Aubrey Mazey, Sydney Mazey, Morgan Mazey and Cheyenne Homanick
Ready for a Roast.
Trevor Toney and Drew Teifke
Look Mom...No Hands
Payton Kepling demonstrating GPS steering on his tractor.
John Deere Green
Payton Kepling in the massive John Deere tractor
Haili Brooks and Lauren Gray got this!
News from Athletics
Spring Sports Schedule
***Due to Weather the Spring Sports Schedule changes daily. Please Call 419-823-4381 and choose option 7 on game day for the most updated information. This is updated everyday.
Current List Last updated: 5/13/2016
Athletic Boosters Program Ads
Summer Basketball Camp Information (Age 4 up to 14)
Otsego Athletics is on Twitter and Facebook. Follow for high school scores and other athletic department information. Also, if you’d like to receive athletic news and updates by email please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.
The State FFA Degree is the highest degree a member can earn in high school and based on a student's agriculture projects, leadership activities, career development events and community service.
The Otsego FFA Chapter started in 1959 and is 57 years old. These seven bring our chapter's total State FFA Degree recipients to 139 total.
Students who earned it on Friday night were: Matt Hannewald, Lauren Gray
Colton Battin, Aubrey Mazey, Morgan Mazey, Drew Teifke, and Shannon Weihl. We are very proud of this fine group of students! It is an amazing accomplishment.
High School & JH Buses (Bus Routes for grades 6-12 & Penta)
UPDATE: We have updated our phone system so that our main voice prompts will allow callers to press option 5 for the transportation department. Option 5 will ring extension 3156.
Food Service Department
Wood County Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Newsletter (ATOD) - Click Here
All Star Driver Education
We will be having Driver Education courses on campus. Click the above link for more information.
Students and parents please click the above link if you are interested in working for FedEx.
Communication with the High School
1. High School Website www.otsegoknights.org has a new look! The new Otsego Local Schools site will more effectively highlight what is important to us and the community. The new website layout uses responsive design, meaning that it will adjust for tablets and mobile devices. We will keep the high school site updated with pictures, news articles, and other important information regarding the district and the building.
2. Remind 101 (Text to: 81010 Message: @otseg there is no "o" at the end just @otseg. Thats it. You will receive a message that says you've been added to our group. You will receive text messages straight to your mobile device). If you don't want to text, you can go to https://www.remind.com/join and just type in (otseg) as the class code.
3. Twitter (follow @otsegohsoffice or @KosheaOHS)
4. District App:
Classic Weekly Student Joke:
A: Because they have more degrees, Duh!.
Have a great week. Congrats Seniors!