Falcon Ridge Family Updates
December 13, 2022
News and Tidbits
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the bonus snow day! We are anticipating a productive, learning-filled week at school!
We are excited to announce this year's yearbook cover contest! The theme for the 2022-23 yearbook is "Keep on Truckin'" and the deadline for entries is December 15th.
Brown Bus has adjusted the first two bus stop times due to construction. Please check the brown bus schedule on the website to see updated stop times. As we approach the winter season please be mindful of driving conditions. Please note that due to inclement weather (snow, slick roads, etc.) and the traffic delays caused by the inclement weather that routes could possibly be running :15 minute +/- late. Please be patient, prepared and plan accordingly.
Also, please remember to send warm outerwear for recess and Fit Club. Even though it is fall, we still try to provide opportunities for the students to go outside for fresh air, sunshine, and exercise. Research has shown this benefits learning.
The PTO is sponsoring a fundraiser with Crumbl Cookies in Boise on Friday December 16th from 8am to 10pm. All we need to do is mention Falcon Ridge Charter. It is that easy! These are great as gifts or just for a weekend snack. Who doesn't love cookies?! Then we receive 15% of proceeds for teachers to utilize for classroom supplies.
Our theme this year is Keep on Truckin'. Our character development will focus on a growth mindset. This month's character trait is compassion. Be sure and ask your student if he/she has earned a Falcon Card.
We are glad you have chosen Falcon Ridge Charter School as your school of choice. We are honored to partner with you in your child's education.
Join us for Ski Night! The deadline for ski night is on Jan. 4th which is just two days after our Christmas break. Please sign up through My School Bucks. We need at least six more participants to sign up for us to be able to have our lessons up there. If you have any questions please contact Tara Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to wish each one of our families a blessed Christmas season. Your child is a precious gift to our school.
Happy Birthday Mrs. Mushlitz! (12/11/22)
Average Daily Attendance
K - 97.50%
1st - 79.31%
2nd - 90.00%
3rd - 95.52%
4th - 94.55%
5th - 88.18%
6th - 79.70%
7th - 93.33%
8th - 94.84%
We are excited to announce that we are doing a fundraiser with Crumbl Cookies in Boise on Friday December 16th from 8am to 10pm.
All you have to do is mention Falcon Ridge Charter. It is that easy! These are great as gifts or just for a weekend snack. Who doesn't love cookies?!
Then we get back 15% of proceeds. This money will go to the teachers to use for classroom supplies.
Thank you for supporting our school and our fabulous teachers!
Parents, the PTO shares information and events on their PTO Facebook page. The group is called "Falcon Ridge PTO & Parents" and should be accessible via this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/319697921566543/.
Falcon Ridge Giving Tree
Resources for Parents
13 Ways to Raise a Caring and Compassionate Child
Good Manners for Kids to Have
- Saying “thank you” after something is received, given or exchanged.
- Using the word “please” when you’re asking for help or would like to receive something you want or need.
- Looking people in the eye when you greet them or if they’re talking to you. (Once toddlers master please and thank you, then begin working on eye-contact.)
- Greeting others with “hello” or “goodbye” as well as responding to someone when they greet you.
- Saying “I’m sorry” or “excuse me.”
- Holding the door open for others.
- Not speaking over others, but waiting until it’s their turn to talk.
12/13 - Middle School Boys Basketball Open Gym @ 3:00p.m.
12/13 - School Board Meeting @ 6:30p.m.
12/14 - Middle School Boys Basketball Open Gym @ 3:00p.m.
12/14 - STEM Club @ 3:00p.m.
12/16 - Middle School Choir Concert @ 2:15p.m.
12/18 -1/2 Christmas Break
1/3 ~ FIRST DAY BACK
1/4 - STEM Club @ 3:00p.m.
STEM Club Dates
Student Dress Code
In an effort to provide a safe and orderly school environment for your children, we will expect the following dress guidelines followed by the students of Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Our focus at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School is to create an educational atmosphere with the fewest disruptions.
1. Gang attire of any kind is strictly prohibited, ie. Garments that are suggestive or garments that advertise illegal substances or obscene statements are not allowed.
2. Brief garments such as halter tops, bare midriffs, tube tops, net tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, and plunging necklines (front or back) are not appropriate. All shirts must be wider than three adult fingers on the shoulder. Shorts and skirts shorter than fingertip length are inappropriate.
3. Pajamas or slippers of any kind are strictly prohibited.
4. Makeup (lipstick, rouge, blush, eye makeup) are not allowed at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Blemish correction and clear lip gloss are acceptable.
5. Hair color will be within the natural color spectrum (brown, black, blonde or auburn.)
6. No pierced jewelry, other than in the ears, will be permitted.
7. Students will wear or change into athletic shoes for P.E.
8. No hats indoors except for special spirit days.