Emily Galfield 25-27
Overall Job description
Job Description for a Personal Trainer. Most personal trainers work in a gym or fitness center. They spend their time interacting with clients in an office or training them on the gym floor. Trainers may work with clients individually or in small groups. People hire them to either stay in shape get in shape or train for an event like a marathon.
Major job responsibilities
- Knowledge of human anatomy and the concepts of functional exercise, basic nutrition and basic exercise science
- An ability to design individual and group exercise programs tailored to the needs and able to achieve goals of specific clients
- An ability to execute individual fitness program design in a safe and effective way
- Able to help clients reach their health and fitness goals through appropriate cardiovascular, flexibility and resistance exercise
- An ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health
- A dedication to maintaining personal integrity and your own health and fitness
Personal trainers work at gyms. They work at their clients houses, Sometimes there houses and also at in yoga studios.
Pay Personal trainers usually earn
$25 -$35 per hour
High school diploma at minimum; degrees are becoming increasingly common
Employment of fitness trainers and instructors is projected to grow 8 percent from 2014 to 2024, about as fast as the average for all occupations.