2F Weekly News
Week of March 8, 2015
A Note from Ms. Graves
We have one more week until Spring Break and it will be a busy but fun one. We will be celebrating our opinion writing with 3rd grade, begin our new science unit on force and motion, perform our reader's theater folktales and take our addition and subtraction math assessment. We have also earned the Golden Sneaker Award this month with means an extra PE class. This will happen on Monday so students will already be in their PE uniforms.
Many students are taking advantage of the Raz Kids website at home and this is a GREAT tool for Spring Break. After logging in, students can listen to leveled books, read them independently, and answer comprehension questions. They can even send me a practice recording of them reading aloud. Students have been told when they are ready to earn their own unique password they may ask and we will change it together. Once this happens I will notify you via email and print our a new password card for their homework folder.
This week in 2F we:
- worked on 3 Digit subtraction using a place value tile picture
- rehearsed our reader's theater folktales
- heard from author Julia Johnson about Arabian pearl diving
- played with our writing conclusions
- used our knowledge of landforms and human interaction to complete a written social studies assessment
- Counselors Coffee -Join the Elementary School Counselors March 15th at 8:10am in the Elementary Cafeteria for a morning coffee and a discussion about Managing Attention and Impulsivity.
- Upcoming Principals’ Coffee -Tuesday, March 17th at 8:05 in the ES Cafeteria – Please mark your calendars. Our focus will be on supporting your child with reading at home. This session will be presented by our Literacy Coordinator, Mrs. Katrina Theilmann. We hope that many parents will attend.
- contact Lower Elementary Office Manager, Mrs. Krista Wilson if you know your child will be absent, her email is email@example.com
- or call the elementary office at 4459-1550
- is due every Sunday, but can be turned in early on Thursdays
- kindly make sure your child has a chance to read their just right books each night
- keep in mind library books are chosen by interest and may not be just right - they are perfect for reading after Just Right Reading Time
- please email me during the week if your child has difficuluty completing the work - this way I can explain it to them before the weekend