October Edition (Volume 129, Issue 3)
Our heart-felt wishes are extended to those impacted by the recent Fawn Fire. We know of one NCC family who lost their home. We are collecting gift cards (restaurants, retail stores, grocery stores, etc.) for the family. Gift cards can be dropped off at the school office.
After a couple of busy weeks with COVID exposure it seems things are settling down. We want to again express our appreciation to our families for the extra care and caution they have displayed in keeping their children home who have any of the symptoms listed on the Symptom Screening Tree (Linked below). We also have two wonderful substitutes now available on a regular basis to help out if a teacher is out due to illness or personal/school business. We could still use substitutes to fill in for aide or recess duty positions. Information is listed later in this newsletter on how you can apply to substitute in one of these positions.
Thank you to all those who were able to participate in the recent EdFoundation fundraiser. We'll have an update as to how much was earned soon. In addition, mark your calendar for the upcoming Fall Carnival on October 23rd and the EdFoundation's Beaver Bash on November 6.
We continue to work on implementing the "Leader in Me" program with students learning how to be a leader of themselves and with others. You can find out more information about this program on our website or by clicking HERE. In a nutshell, students are learning how to set goals, interactive positively with their peers, and how to take charge of their learning. We are working with an outside coach who is assisting our school throughout this implementation. In addition, during the November 1 staff development day the coach will be working with all our staff to further implement the cultural focus. As parents review the information at the link above, we hope they will be able to utilize the key terms and ideas from this program with their children at home.
Book Fair Returns to NCC
Thank you to all our book fair volunteers including Mrs. Cook, for organizing this event.
Your Help With Accessing State Funds
06-08: Book Fair
19: School Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
23: Fall Carnival (Tentative)
01: No School -- Staff Development Day
02 - 05: Minimum Days for Parent Conferences
06: EdFoundation Beaver Bash
11: No School - Veteran's Day
22 - 26: No School - Thanksgiving Break
School Board Vacancy
- Are at least 18 years old and a registered voter.
- Are a resident of the North Cow Creek School District.
- Have at least a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalency.
- Not have been convicted of a felony.
- Not be a current employee of the district and/or be related to a current employee in that district.
- Are available to attend a minimum of 1 evening Board meeting per month.
Contact the school office if you have questions or are interested in being considered for this position. You can also complete the Candidate Application Form below and send it the the North Cow Creek School office.
We are in need of individuals who would like to substitute as an aide or yard duty when current staff are absent. If you are interested, please complete the classified application below and send/email it to the office. Candidates would need to pass a security/back ground check and take a paraprofessional test. We'll offer help in preparing for the paraprofessional test.
Board Meeting Information (Board Meetings now begin at 6:00 pm)
Business conducted at the previous Board Meeting (September 21 @ 6:00 pm):
- Public Hearing/Approval of resolution regarding sufficiency of instructional materials for all students.
- Public Discussion of ESSER III (Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund) spending plan.
- Discussion and approval of final unaudited financials for the 20/21 school year.
- Approval of District's participation in the School Project for Utility Rate Reduction (SPURR).
- Closed Session: Consultation regarding labor negotiations.
Business to be conducted at the upcoming Board Meeting (October 19 @ 6:00 pm)
- Approval of revised Board Policies.
- Approval of ESSER III Spending Plan.
- Approval of Minimum Wage increase to $15/hour.
- Notice of date for Annual Organization of the Board.
Resources for Parents
Parents with students in grades 4-8 may use the link above to access the student information portal. Not much to see just yet. However, it would be great if parents can make sure their login works.