November 4, 2022
- Nov. 8-9- Donuts with Grownups, 7:45-8:30 am (see flyer below)
- Nov. 10- PTA Mtg., Parents Night Out, 6-9 pm, Board and Brush (see flyer below)
- Nov. 11- NO SCHOOL, Staff Work Day
- Nov. 21-25- NO SCHOOL, Fall Break
NEWS FROM WERNER
WERNER FUN RUN 2022 FUNDRAISER
OUR WERNER FUN RUN 2022 HAS COMPLETED!
We are still waiting for collection of pledges so far and will have final numbers for our fundraiser next week! We are close to reaching our goal of $30,000 and have added a few more days to pledge and collect. Pledging will be open until Monday, Nov. 7 @ 8:00 am.
UPDATE: As of the afternoon of 11/3, here are our #'s.
Here are our final stats:
Registration %: 85%
Participation %: 75%
We have almost reached our goal!
We’ve added three more days to get to our goal of $30,000. We’re almost there! How you can help:
Register your student (if you haven’t already) at MYBOOSTER.COM.
Share your fundraising page
Enter donations to get Werner Elementary School Media Center upgrades and classroom/program budgets while still earning prizes!
We can’t do it without YOUR HELP!
Thank you for your support towards our Werner Elementary Fun Run 2022 fundraiser!
Parent Action Steps:
Register your student(s) on MYBOOSTER.COM starting today!
Reach out to friends and family to sponsor your student by sharing your pledge link.
If you can give, please make donations online.*
Once you give, be sure to enter your employer's name into the Corporate Match search engine to see if they will match your donation! Employer matching gifts are a simple way to fuel fundraising for your child’s school without having to give a greater contribution. Werner keeps 100% of all corporate matching gifts!
Run & Done Collections:
- EASY for everyone! Sponsors pledge and pay online, saving our volunteers 50+ hours and helping our school collect more pledges faster.
- Sponsors can either make a pledge per lap or a flat donation. If they make a pledge per lap, their credit card is charged after the Event.
- Werner receives 50% -56% of the gross amount pledged and Booster receives the remaining amount to reinvest. Booster provides the custom marketing, personalized website for each student and school, prizes, the character development curriculum, and daily staff support for this program (approximately 120 hours). This allows parents to put their limited volunteer hours into the classroom or afterschool enrichment activities. In the last 20 years, Booster has helped 6,000 schools nationwide profit over $400 million dollars. During our 6-year partnership, we have profited over $119,000. They are an approved PSD fundraising vendor and annually partner with 6 schools in the Poudre School District.
*Cash and check payments are still accepted. Must be turned into the main office. Your student will still get credit for the pledge or donation.
*If you choose not to support Booster, you may still make a donation to our school to help support our fundraising effort. Make your check payable to Werner Elementary School. Your child will receive a book token for the book machine and are still able to participate in all of the programming, fun run, and class/school incentives.
Thanks again to our business sponsors, Dr. Blake Hyde of Alpine ENT, Artisan Remodeling & Design, BVB General Contractors, Journey Payroll and HR, Anchor Point Insights, Choice City Wealth Partners, Gavin I. Haswell CPA, Cross Canyon Engineering, and Poudre Sports Car for funding our T-Shirts, which the students will receive on the day of the run to show some school spirit as we run to raise money for Werner.
Check out this 30 second video about our upcoming event >> Click for Fun!
Thank you for your support of our school,
Donuts with Grown-ups needs your help!
It's time for Donuts with Grown-ups!
This fun two day event is volunteer driven and cannot be done without your help.
The PTA needs your help with donut pick-up, event set-up, and event clean-up for our two day event. We serve over 500 donuts in just 2 hours! Our school looks forward to this awesome event every year. We can't wait to see you there!
Odyssey of the Mind-Registration Open
Werner is excited to participate in Odyssey of the Mind this school year. Registration is now open. Please fill out this survey to register your student. Registration closes on November 15th.
Practices will start in December. More details about teams, practice times, and costs will be shared after we review the registration preference.
If you would like more information about Odyssey of the Mind, please visit the website and review the attachments.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need any information.
MEALS THAT MATTER
Thanksgiving and all its delicious celebrations and traditions are right around the corner. Keeping with tradition, Werner is collecting monetary donations for our 13th Annual Meals That Matter program. With your contribution, Meals That Matter will provide Werner families in need of a little extra help this season with a grocery gift card and a frozen turkey (courtesy of the Larimer County Food Bank) to ensure all families can celebrate this special time of year. Please consider donating any amount to support our friends and neighbors.
Donations will be collected in the front office through November 11 and can be made via cash, check, or PayPal https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=EESPSETKRWW9E Checks should be made payable to Werner Elementary PTA. Please include “Meals That Matter” on your check or envelope.
For questions, please contact Kathy Green at (970) 631-2688.
THANKS FOR GIVING!
School Lunch and Fee Payment Information
Paying for school fees and/or lunches is easy using SchoolPay. Below is the link for signing your student up, paying fees and/or adding funds to your student’s meal account.
PSD offers an easy and secure way to make payments to your child’s school on-line with a credit/debit card for fees and other charges as well as your child’s meal account through the District’s payment portal, SchoolPay.* The Pay Fees/Charges web page has information and instructions on paying fees and other charges online or go directly to the SchoolPay website.
Fees may also be paid in person at your child's school, paying with cash or check.
NEWS FROM WERNER PTA
Werner Weekly-November 4
Next PTA Meeting- Nov. 8, Parent Night Out @ Board and Brush, 6-9 pm
Join the Werner Elementary Parent Teacher Association!
Receive a Wildcat’s Roar yard sign as a FREE GIFT when you register with our PTA! Membership is a $10 donation and does not obligate you to volunteer hours or to attend meetings. We'd love your support any way you can give it. Please fill out this Google form and submit your donation with our PayPal link (you don’t have to have a PayPal account). we'll be handing out the signs on the playground at the School Supply Drop Off, Monday, August 15th. (Registration is per person, not per household)
FREE MONEY FOR YOUR SCHOOL!
Did you know there are ways to donate money to the school by doing things you already do?
- If you shop at King Soopers with a loyalty card they will donate to Werner when you sign up here.
- If you shop on Amazon, you can sign up for Amazon Smile and they will donate 1% of purchases.
- If you like to eat out, the PTA hosts Werner Dines Out once a month and the restaurants we partner with will donate back to the school.
Your Werner PTA
Follow us on Facebook to stay engaged with School Events, Werner Families, and see what the PTA is up to.
Thank you for supporting the Werner Elementary PTA!
PTA President | Nicole Kidd
PTA Vice President | Open
PTA Treasurer | Patti Haswell
PTA Secretary | Juliana Schump
PTA VP of Community Programs | Marissa McNulty
PTA VP of Fundraising | Megan Bright
There Is No Wrong Way To PTA. How Do You PTA?
NEWS FROM PSD
School Choice application window opens today
Nov. 1, 2022
Dear PSD families,
In Poudre School District, we’re proud that all our schools offer strong academic and social opportunities for students. At any of our neighborhood schools, your child will live near and go to class with their classmates, building a tightknit community together over time.
If your family is looking for a specific program or curriculum to best meet your child’s educational needs that isn’t available at your neighborhood school, however, PSD’s K-12 school choice program might be for you.
K-12 School Choice process for the 2023-24 school year
Some things have changed:
- Starting today, you can submit school choice applications through Dec. 15 for the first-round period.
- We have a new platform to submit school choice applications.
- Many schools host informational sessions and open houses. Please contact the school or schools you are interested in applying to for details about their events.
- The School Choice policy and priority rankings have been updated.
- Students who intend to remain at their current school choice school for the following year do not need to re-apply.
Submitting a school choice application does not guarantee enrollment at any school applied for; acceptance is based on eligibility requirements and space availability.
Kindergarten registration in PSD
Parents/legal guardians must register students entering kindergarten at their designated neighborhood school, even if an application is pending for choice/open enrollment. Please refer to District Policy JEB for age requirements for kindergarten in PSD.
- Registering at the designated neighborhood school does not impact a pending school choice application or potential seat offers from a choice school or program.
- The online registration process for the 2023-24 school year will be available for parents/legal guardians beginning Monday, Nov. 28, to register their incoming kindergartner.
- In-person registration is also available for families at neighborhood elementary schools on Wednesday, Dec. 7. Contact your student’s neighborhood school for school hours.
- Parents/legal guardians of incoming kindergartners should complete online or in-person registration by Wednesday, Dec. 7, to allow schools to determine their classroom sizes, staffing needs and the number of school choice seats they can offer.
- Online registration will still be available for families throughout the rest of the year.
- More information >>
Thank you for your continued partnership this school year.
Poudre School District
PSD Now Newsletter
One of many ways information is shared is through the PSD Now community newsletter, which features timely information about the latest happenings in the district. This is emailed to families and interested community members about every other Thursday.
Here is the most recent newsletter of PSD Now. For archived newsletters and information about how to sign up, go to: https://www.psdschools.org/department/communications.
FREE & REDUCED MEAL PROGRAM
It’s not too late to apply for the Free & Reduced Meal Program for this school year. By doing so your student’s approval to the program carries over for the first 30 days of next school year. Also, there are advantages to being on this program with discounts given throughout our community for student summer programs. Check out fcgov.com/reducedfee website for more information. The before and after school program, AlphaBest, also gives a 15% discount. Apply on-line at www.myschoolapps.com. Please note that August 1, 2022 is the first day you can apply on line for the 2022-2023 school year. Families do have to apply each school year unless they receive a letter stating otherwise.