Weekly Tiger News
Emerson Elementary Communication - June 10, 2021
This coming week is the final week of the 2020-2021 school year. This pandemic has challenged us, surprised us and forced us to adapt and change. Our Emerson Tigers’ resilience and efforts have made our staff extremely proud. We recognize that this wasn’t easy or what any of us wanted, but the 2021-2022 school year brings a lot of hope and optimism that we get back to serving students in-person five days a week.
Tomorrow we celebrate our 6th grade remote students and this next Wednesday and Thursday we celebrate our in-person 6th grade students. Our 6th grade class is filled with positive, helpful and amazing students who leave a great legacy and memories that will be cherished.
Please continue to look for materials, devices, charging cords, textbooks, teacher materials and anything else that must be returned. In this newsletter we have listed times and dates of our collection and if those times don’t work for your family, please contact the office.
We are also excited to make connections with our 2nd grade students and their families. This next Monday our 3rd grade teachers will be Zooming with our colleagues at Central Primary answering student questions and talking about 3rd grade. Monday, June 14th we are inviting 2nd grade students and their families for otter pops and open play time from 4:30 to 5:30. We will have a few of our third grade teachers and staff there to say hello and answer any questions you might have. Our goal with this invitation is just to start to get to know each other better and have some fun.
Principal, Emerson Elementary School
Congratulations 6th Grade Class
Recognition dates and times:
- Remote 6th grade students on June 11 @11:00 via Zoom
- In-Person M/W Cohort Students on June 16 @ 10:00 a.m. - recognition ceremony will be recorded for families to watch later
- In-Person T/Th Cohort Students on June 17 @ 10:00 a.m. - recognition ceremony will be recorded for families to watch later
Room 23's Model Students
11 - 6th Grade Recognition for Remote Students (11:00 a.m. Zoom)
14-18 - Autograph Book Distribution
16 - 6th Grade Recognition for A Cohort/Report Cards sent home with students
Technology Collection for students who can connect with a personal device
17 - 6th Grade Recognition for B Cohort/Report Cards Sent home with students
Technology Collection for students who can connect with a personal device
18 - 8:35-9:35 Last Day of School Zoom
9:30-12:30 & 2:00-5:00 Materials and Device Return
Report Cards mailed to remote students
21 - 8:00-12:00 Materials and Device Return
25 - Emerson Office Closes for Summer
Technology Device Return
At the end of the school year, all district issued laptops, carrying cases, device chargers, hotspots, webcams and any other district device that were checked out to your student(s) will need to be returned. If your student can access learning from home using a personal device OR your student will not be in attendance on June 18, we will gladly accept technology from your student(s) on June 16th and June 17th. This means that when your child is at school, we will collect technology and technology related items directly from them during the school day.
Technology Collection Schedule:
- June 16 & 17 In building: IF students can access learning from home using a personal device OR they will not be in school on June 18.
- June 18 – 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Drive Through collection for all remaining devices.
- June 21 - 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
If you are unable to return checked out materials/devices at the above times, please call the office to arrange for an alternate time.
Central Emerson PTA
- The PTA Board is looking for a Vice President for the 2021-2022 school year.
- The PTA is looking for volunteers to help decorate the gym on June 14 for the 6th grade celebration.
- If interested please email Sasha Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to register a new student?
You may apply online!
For New Snohomish School District Families:
For Parents who already have a child enrolled in Snohomish School District:
- Log into Family Access
- Go to the New Student Enrollment tab
Do you live outside the district or Emerson area?
- You will need to apply for a Variance. Choice transfer (outside SSD) or In District transfers are required yearly. Please go here for more information: https://www.sno.wednet.edu/variance
- Once your variance is approved, please complete the online registration process above.
Please share this information with your friends and neighbors!
If needed, paper copies of the new student registration packet are available in the school office or can be downloaded at the links below. Packets can be returned to the Emerson Office.
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms (English).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms (Spanish).
If you have any questions, please contact
Michele or Susan at 360-563-7150
School Bus Driver/Transportation Open House - June 18
School Bus Driver/Transportation Open House
- 4605 Bickford Avenue in Snohomish
- Friday, June 18
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Come visit/tour our Transportation Office and see what driving a school bus is like!
- Click here to download the district’s school bus driver/transportation open house flier - June 18
- Hiring drivers for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Take a ride on a school bus with a district staff member!
- Computers available for applicants to fill out applications. District staff available to assist with the online application process.
- Paid training with a bonus for successful program completion.
- Obtain a CDL Class B endorsement.
- Pay scale $23.73-$28/hour
- Flexible hours … 20-40 hours/week available depending on availability.
- Bring a valid driver's license and resume.
- Snacks will be available.
- Click here to be redirected to the school district’s online application system.
Please visit/call our Transportation Office at 360-563-3525 with any questions about becoming a bus driver.
“When the rubber meets the road… delivering what truly matters!”
Kids' Cafe - Returning summer 2021
All area kids age 18 and younger are invited to join us at our Kids' Café summer breakfast and lunch program. The program is free, and there is no pre-registration or sign-up. Kids just need to show up and enjoy a great breakfast and/or lunch. Kids' Café is held Monday through Friday and runs from Tuesday, June 22, through Friday, August 27.
We offer meals at the following times and locations:
- Three Rivers Mobile Home Park - 11:15-11:30 a.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish Boys and Girls Club -8:30-9 a.m. Breakfast and 11:50 a.m.-12:05 p.m. Lunch
- Snohomish Aquatic Center - 12:10-12:25 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Circle H Mobile Home Park - 12:45-1 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish Mobile Home Park on Avenue D - 11:20-11:40 a.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish High School - 11:50 a.m.-12:05 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Valley View Middle School - 12:20-12:35 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
Important 2021-2022 School Year Dates
- Wednesday, September 8, 2021 - First day of school
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 - Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 25-Friday, November 26, 2021 - Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, December 17, 2021 - Half-day early release
- Monday, December 20-Friday, December 31, 2021 - Winter Break
- Monday, January 17, 2022 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Friday, February 18-Monday, February 21, 2022 - Mid-Winter Break
- Monday, April 4-Friday, April 8, 2022 - Spring Break
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - Memorial Day
District Approved Community Fliers
- Bus driver/transportation open house - June 18
- Coding and Digital Art from Tech Kids Project
- Community College Transition Support for Seniors
- Crossview Free Tutoring For Students
- Cub Scout Pack 288 Rocket Launch - June 14
- Everett Rowing Association - Youth Summer Camps
- Foreign Language for Youth - Spanish, French, Mandarin and Japanese
- Girl Scouts Explore Troops and Join Today
- Girls on the Run
- Glacier Peak High School Youth Soccer Camp - June 22 and 23
- Let Me Run Summer Camp
- Mariners Grand Slam Baseball Camp
- MCJROTC Future Leaders Camp - June 12
- Panther Cub Soccer Camp - June 22 and June 23
- PAWS Teen Club
- Rental Assistance Volunteers of America
- Rotary for Youth YES Program
- SafeSchools Tip Line - Report It
- Sno-Isle Libraries Summer Reading Program - Starts June 21
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool
- Snohomish High School Local Food Bank Fundraiser
- Snohomish Junior Cheer
- Taekwondo for Kids - June 2021
- Village Theatre Kidstage Spring Theatre Classes
- Who We Are - Snohomish for Equity June 26 Presentation
- Youth In Action Scholarship - Snohomish For Equity
- Venture Church VBS Vacation Bible School
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, email@example.com; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7314, firstname.lastname@example.org