Ms. Felton's Course Updates
Business Communication and Presentation AB, Vol 3
TOP 2: Quiz and Project Improvement Opportunities
This news update will share what you need to know about replacing up to 3 low quiz grades and also how to improve a project grade up to 10%.
Quizzes 1-5: You can replace 1 Quiz (Available March 10th - due by March 28th)
Quizzes 6-10: You can replace 1 Quiz - Available March 31st - due by April 18th
Quizzes 11-15: You can replace 1 Quiz - Available April 21st - due by May 2nd
NO LATE SUBMISSIONS ALLOWED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Still interested? Keep reading!
Game Creators: How Can I Replace a Low Quiz Grade?
- Review all of your quizzes and the grades for those quizzes.
- Decide which grade you would like to replace.
- Fill out the "Replace this Quiz Form".
- Go to the "Top 2" Link and see which concepts you must cover in your game, plus other concepts from the unit (the top 2 or 3 frequently missed concepts by the class was created by Ms. Felton at the bottom of this newsletter).
- Create a review game for the quiz that you want to replace.
- Email Ms. Felton to let her know you have created the game & want to host it or post your 30 second commercial for it.
- After Ms. Felton reviews the game, YOU WILL BE SCHEDULED TO HOST OR POST.
- All hosted games must be scheduled for Tuesday or Thursday during the available dates for that quiz.
- Finally you will host your review game at chat or post the 30 second commercial for it (depending on the type of game you create).
Game Creators: Rules for Types of Games
- Minimum of 10 questions for the game
- Be sure to check the rubric for your game before beginning
- Hosted games must be scheduled for Tuesdays or Thursdays during the available dates for that quiz
- No 1 creator may use the same game more than once
- No game creator may use the same game as someone else that has already hosted
- Anyone can create a game and use the same quiz as someone else
Game Creators: Sample Games
Possible Games to create:Jeopardy
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
Sample Sites for Game Creation:
**YOU MAY RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET AND USE OTHER GAMES OR SITES NOT LISTED HERE. GAMES MAY NOT BE REUSED.
Game Participants: How Can I Increase My Project Grade by 10%?
- Attend a chat to participate in a review game and write a review of the game in the discussion section titled "Game Reviews".
- View a commercial and click the link to an online game review and write a review of the game in the discussion section titled "Game Reviews".
Your review must include likes and improvements for:
- The content of the commercial
- The content of the game
- The clarity of the game directions
You must also give it a star rating of 1 to 4 stars...4-great, 3-good, 2-average, 1-needs improvement.
Top 2 for Quizzes 1-5: Commonly Missed Concepts
Page 2 – Elements of Communication Chart
Page 5 – How you say it…voice & tone
Page 7 – 21st Century Workplace Skills
Quiz 2: Active Listening
Page 3 – Internal & External Barriers to Listening
Quiz 3: Reading for Understanding
Page 5 – Fact & Opinion, Reading the Fine Print
Quiz 4: Business Writing: Letters, Memos, Emails
Page 5 – Parallel Structure
Page 2,3 – Letter & Memo Format
Page 4 – Email Etiquette
Quiz 5: Developing Research Skills
Page 2 – Steps for Doing Research
Page 3 – Identifying Good Information