Idaho Virtual Academy
Table of Contents
- PREVIEW VIDEOS - What's in Store for the School Year?
- MEET THE TEACHERS - Introduction Videos
- Support at Idaho Virtual Academy
- Why Orientation?
- 2020-2021 School Calendar
- Frequently Asked Questions - K-5, 6-12, ISID, Special Education
- Student Support Services
- Statewide Events
- IDVA in the News
Please click on the buttons below to view short videos about the exciting plans
for grades K-5 and 6-12 in the 2020-2021 school year!
Please click on the buttons below to view video introductions from
the Idaho Virtual Academy teaching staff.
We have a wonderful team at Idaho Virtual Academy that is ready
to welcome and support all students and learning coaches!
- Certified Teachers
- Special Education Teachers
- Student Support Advisors
- Community Engagement Specialist
- School Social Worker
- Master Teachers
- College and Career Advisor
- Middle and High School Counselors
- Student Attendance Specialist
- Orientation provides an introduction to IDVA and how our school works.
- Orientation provides an introduction to the skills needed for use with the learning management system software.
- Orientation provides information on crucial school policies.
- Orientation will help your student be successful!
Over the many years IDVA has operated, we have learned a lot. Schooling in an online environment is different than schooling in a traditional brick and mortar school. Even within the circle of online schools, there are differences. In the beginning, we provided no orientation. Students and parents were often very surprised with just how different schooling with IDVA could be. This translated to academic difficulties and some students quickly leaving our school before giving it a chance.
IDVA added required orientation designed to help students and learning coaches prepare for the start of school. The orientation program currently includes the following tasks:
· Setting up the learning coach online school account.
· Setting up the student online school account.
· Completing a 15 minute literacy assessment (Students in grades K-3 only).
· Signing an educational agreement.
· Signing a Text Opt-In agreement.
· Watching our Attendance Matters video (3 minutes) and taking a short quiz.
· Completing an online learning course and taking a short quiz.
We are committed to student success!
Students and parents who complete IDVA's orientation are set up to start strong!
IDVA Board Policy
902.7 REQUIRED STUDENT ENROLLMENT ORIENTATION
IDVA Student Support Services
We have a lot to offer at IDVA, and our Student Support Services website houses a wealth of that information! This is a website you'll want to bookmark!
Idaho Virtual Academy values making connections between students, families,
and the school. To help us build and nurture our school community, IDVA holds school wide events on the second Friday of most months during the school year.
When we are able to get together face to face, you might find us bowling, skating, rock climbing, visiting museums, zoos, pumpkin patches or just playing board games together. When we can't be face to face, we meet together online! We had a fantastic talent show last spring and are working on more fun and exciting online events for the future!
We hope you and your student(s) will join us at future events!
Click here to view past issues of IDVA's newsletter, THE HOWL.
Check out stories about Idaho Virtual Academy students in the news!