- Jupiter takes 9.9 earth hours to rotate on it's axis one time.
- One period of revolution on Jupiter takes 11.86 earth years.
- -Jupiter is located 778.5 kilometers away from the sun
- Known as the giant gas planet because it is mostly made of of hydrogen and helium
- There are 63 moons on Jupiter, but the four main, largest moons are lo, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto
- Jupiter is the 5th planet away from the sun
5 more interesting facts:
- Jupiter is the largest planet in our solar system
- The four main moons on Jupiter were discovered by Galileo Galile
- There is no oxygen to breath or water to drink
- The largest moon on Jupiter has a bigger diameter than the planet Mercury
- Temperatures can range from the -190 degrees Fahrenheit (lowest) and 40 degrees (highest)
"Jupiter." Encyclopedia Americana. Grolier Online, 2016. Web. 31 Jan. 2016.
"Jupiter Facts." Jupiter. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2016
"Jupiter - Overview | Planets - NASA Solar System Exploration." NASA Solar System Exploration. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2016