PCHS PARENT eNews
March 29, 2018
Please complete as soon as possible and have your student return them to the office. All completed enrollment packets returned by the end of the school day April 16th will be entered in a drawing for ten prizes, including an Echo Dot, Rocketbook Reusable Smart Notebook, and a Bluetooth Portable Speaker and Headphones and Selfie light for a phone.
ACT Test Day - April 3rd
BREAKFAST WILL BE SERVED BEFORE SCHOOL - from 7:15-7:45 in the North and Paxton Cafeterias.
- April 3rd - ACT Test Day (10th and 11th); Activities planned for seniors & freshmen
- April 5th - Arrive Alive; Final Cap and Gown delivery before school (BRING ID)
- April 7th - Prom and After Prom (see info below)
- April 27th - Let the Counseling office know if you are a recipient of a Scholarship or Award by this date!
- May 1st - Deadline to submit your pictures for the senior slideshow!! Send a recent photo (can be your senior pic) and one baby pic to firstname.lastname@example.org - Include name of the graduate in the email!
- May 4th - Senior Achievement and Recognition Ceremony, 1:00, Wilson theatre
- May 18th - Graduation Rehearsal and Senior Walk - you MUST attend rehearsal in order to participate in graduation.
- May 20th - Graduation at KCI Expo, 2:00 - All graduating seniors must report to the KCI Expo Center no later than 1:15 pm.
Arrive Alive - April 5th
Each student class will be dismissed to the Wilson Auditorium to hear a presentation NRAD (first responder) paired with a PCHS student who was in a tragic car accident two years ago (Courtney Larson). They will be discussing car accidents, inattentive driving, and personal accounts of injuries that have changed lives. At the conclusion of each assembly students will be excused to the North Gym and Parking Lot in front of the school by the Activity Center to talk to Vendors and participate in exhibitions and simulation stations. There will be experts from law enforcement, EMT, insurance agencies, PCPD, SADD, Interact Club, Tri-County Mental Health, MODOT, and the Platte County Health Department to interact with our students.
Prior to each PCHS student attending the Arrive Alive event, we will have each grade level in the Wilson Auditorium. Most often our presenters show video or pictures which contain some graphic accidents. These presentations are intended to impact students in making proper decisions when driving.
“OPT OUT” For Students:
If students or parents choose for their son or daughter to “opt out” of the assembly, please call or email Suzanne Frame. 858-2822 ext. 1300 or email@example.com The deadline to “opt out” is by Monday, April 2.
Students Checking Out and In
- If your student is leaving, anytime during the day, they need to check out through the WELCOME CENTER and check back in through the WELCOME CENTER.
- If your student is leaving ill they must visit the NURSE before checking out.
PLC Days - Students in Afternoon Activities
Remaining PLC Days:
Platte County Pirate Booster Club Online Store
Looking for some more spirit wear? The Platte County Pirate Booster Club online store, www.pchsboosterclub.com features our 17-18 line as well as some of our favorites from last year.
The online store contains a “shopping cart” for convenient, safe, and secure purchases, and has special features, such as the ability to select different sizes, color, and other product details.
All purchases will be handled securely through PayPal and orders will be picked up at the PCHS Welcome Center.
For more information, contact: Jerri Spores, 816-858-2822 x1238.
Bullying and Safety Concerns
Safety is one of our district’s top priorities and to help safeguard our school community, our district is now using SafeSchools Alert, a tip reporting service that allows students, staff, and parents to submit safety concerns to our administration.
You and your child can easily report tips on bullying, harassment, or any safety issue you're concerned about through SafeSchools Alert.
Every tip SafeSchools Alert receives about our district is immediately logged in the system and our administration is notified so that they can investigate and take appropriate action. And, tips may also be submitted anonymously if you prefer.
Together, using SafeSchools Alert, we can make our district a safer place to learn!
Click the link below to submit a tip or concern.
Mark Your Calendar
- 30 - NO SCHOOL, Good Friday
- 3 - ACT TEST DAY
- 3-7 - MSHSAA State Music Festival
- 5 - CAP & GOWN DELIVERY, 7:00 am, main lobby
- 5 - ARRIVE ALIVE
- 7 - PROM
- 11 - PLC DAY
Upcoming Community Events
Thank you to our Pirates ROCK Star business partners!
Platte County High School
- Dr. Chad Sayre, Principal
- Shari Waters, Assistant Principal
- Matt Messick, Assistant Principal
- Phil Dorman, Activities Director