I chose Nylon as my molecule because it can be found in almost every part of our lives. From clothes to spatulas, Nylon is used in the production of millions of goods every year.
Nylon was first invented by Wallace Carothers, a chemist working for DuPont chemical company. It was first used in the manufacturing of toothbrush bristles in 1938, but Nylon become widely known after the invention of Nylon stockings in 1939. Once America entered World War II, Nylon was adopted by the Military as a cheap, durable material used in everything from tires to uniforms.
- Nylon is completely water and oil resistant
- Nylon is extremely sturdy and is difficult to tear apart
- Nylon is resistant to fungi and mold
- Nylon can be easily dyed, and can retain a variety of colors
- Nylon is the second most used fiber in the United States
My biblical application is that Nylon is strong and durable just like Gods love for us. Romans 5:8 says, "But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us!"