W. H. ADAMSON FEEDER PATTERN
"All Together Adamson--Excellence In Action"
The Week of March 21-25, 2016
ADAMSON FEEDER PATTERN LEVERAGE POINTS
Increase Student Academic Achievement Through the Use of Data Driven Instruction in all Feeder Schools
Key Action 1
QUALITY OF INSTRUCTION
Improve the Quality of Instruction Through a Focus on Effective Feedback and Support Systems in all Feeder Schools
Key Action 2
Provide Safe, Positive and Supportive Campus Climates in all Feeder Schools
Key Action 3
Key Action 1
QUALITY OF INSTRUCTION
Key Action 2
ACTION ITEMS FROM THE WAIP
CURRENT WAIP ITEMS:
THE PRINCIPAL 50
Critical Leadership Questions for Inspiring Schoolwide Excellence
Chapter 6: Accountability & Responsibility
Aurthor Kafele tells us that we should ask the following questions when engaging in self-reflection:
1. Who am I?
2. What am I about?
3. What is my most recent evidence?
The first question establishes your identity, the second establishes your purpose, and the third establishes the evidence for the answers to the previous two. It is essential to spend time reflecting on and assessing your relationship with other administrators at your school (or leaders). As the principal, you must regularly reflect upon how you treat and deploy your administrative team by asking yourself the following questions:
1. Do I feel as though my relationship with other administrators or leaders is healthy?
2. Is my team loyal to me?
3. Is my team committed to me?
4. Does my team believe in me?
5. Do I believe in my team?
6. Do I have confidence in my team?
7. Will my team go the extra mile for me?
8. Will my team sacrifice for me?
9. Do the other administrators fully understand their roles?
My charge to you is to seriously reflect upon these questions and make changes where you find that your situation could improve.
Here's to a great week of teaching and learning!
*Exerpts taken from the book The Principal 50 by Baruti Kafele
THIS WEEK AT-A-GLANCE
Monday, March 21, 2016
- ECHS Meeting with Mr. Cordero 7:30 AM @ Haskell (Cheatham, Nicholson, Hill)
- AP Focus Group 4:00 @ Haskell, First Floor
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
- Spring Budget Meetings @ HCM new building (Please see schedule for your assigned time)
- TEI Expert Group 4:45 @ WHHS
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- Monthly Principal Meeting 1:00-5:00 @ DCS Building
Thursday, March 24, 2016
- Adamson Feeder Pattern Meeting Cancelled
- After Schools All Stars Tour 4:30 @ Life Schools Charter (Sotelo, Auld, Hill)
Friday, March 25, 2016
- Inclement Weather Day--Campuses Closed/Central Staff Open
- School Leadership Meeting 8:30-10:30 AM @ Haskell (Ms. Hill)
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
- 4th Six Weeks Failure Intervention Plans due to Ms. Hill
Mandatory Summer Personalized PD for Teachers
A Note From Your Executive Director...
Welcome Back! Whether your time off was spent at home or away, I hope that you were able to unplug and enjoy life!
The next few weeks will be busy with budget meetings, staffing decisions, student assessments, and TEI requirements. Throughout all of these tasks, you must not let the amount of time spent in the classroom observing instruction waiver. TEACHING AND LEARNING must remain a priority and this must be communicated through your actions as a leader. Create your observation schedule and stick to it! Make this the BEST short week possible!
School is back in session so here's to a great week of teaching and learning!
TEI TIMELINES AND PROGRESS
In May, teachers will verify their rosters in order to verify the students will be included in the calculation of their student achievement results.
MAY 19th is the last day that administrators can score the SLO Goal Accomplishment for teachers. Please plan with your teachers to ensure that they enter appropriate information in a timely manner so that this goal can be met.
MAY 19th is also the last day to enter extended observations and summatives in schoolnet.
May 23-June 6 will be the teacher rebuttal window in oracle for summative performance evaluations.
June 2 is the last day to conduct spot observations and the last day to hold the summative conferences.
OUR FAMILY OF FEEDER SCHOOLS
- W.H. Adamson High School, Principal Jaine Ortega
- Kathryn Joy Gilliam Collegiate Academy, Principal LaKeiah Cheatham
- Hector P. Garica Middle School, Principal Gary Auld
- Felix G. Botello Elementary, Principal Reyna Sotelo
- James Bowie Elementary, Principal Noelle Wilson
- James Hogg Elementary, Principal Jairo Casco
- John F. Peeler, Principal Sofia Villarreal
- John Reagan Elementary, Principal Ruby Ramirez
2--SAT (Grade 11)
7-April 6--TELPAS (K-12)
29--STAAR EOC English I (9-12)
29--STAAR Writing (Grades 4 & 7)
29--STAAR Math (Grades 5 & 8)
30--STAAR Reading (Grades 5 & 8)
31-STAAR EOC English II & 7th Grade Pre-AP
4-22--STAAR ALT 2 Assessment Window (3-8 & EOC)
4-8--ES & HS Art Performance ACP (Grades 5, 9-12)
12-15--Student Survey Window (Grades 3-12)
12-22--ITBS/LOGRAMOS Window (K-2)--WILL CLARIFY
18-19--ES Gym ACP (Grade 4)
18-29--Secondary Band Performance ACP (Grades 6-12)
20-21-ES Music Performance ACP (Grade 3)
9-24--Middle School Gym Performance ACP (Grades 6-8)
16-19--Middle School Art Performance ACP (Grade 7)
2-6--STAAR EOC Algebra I, Biology, US History (9-12)
9--STAAR Math (Grades 3,4,6,7)
9--STAAR Math Re-test (Grades 5 & 8)
10--STAAR Reading (Grades 3,4,6,7)
10--STAAR Reading Re-test (Grades 5 & 8)
11--STAAR Science (Grades 5 & 8)
12--STAAR Social Studies (Grade 8)
2-27--Istation's ISIP Assessment EOY (K-2)
18-26--ACP (Grades 3-5)
27-June 2--ACP (Grades 6-12)
**This chart will be updated as necessary