Rocky River Elementary School
Parent & Family Newsletter, April 2021
The fourth and final COVID Attestation form for all students receiving transportation was published and available to all families. This form will be accessible through the Scribbles platform linked here.
Spring Book Fair
Student Attendance Information
- Please review the updated CCS attendance documents below.
- In order for a student to be counted as present on Friday, the student must complete all asynchronous assignments for the day. Asynchronous assignments can be accessed by visiting the teacher's canvas course.
Yearbooks are now on sale and will be on sale through April 15 and can be ordered using the directions below. If you have any questions regarding the yearbook please reach out to Ms. Hartsell.
Check out Speedy's SIghtings from the Month of March Below
Meal Benefit Information
Click on the button below to apply for free and reduced meal benefits. Approved applications may be eligible for the PEBT benefit where families receive additional funds when students are not attending school in the building (Fridays, teacher workdays, breaks, etc). Approved applications are also valid for the first 30 school days of the 2021-2022 school year. If you would like to complete the application on paper please reach out to our front office.
Eligibility information and applications are now available for the 2021-2022 school year for the North Carolina Pre-K Program in Cabarrus County. You may be eligible if your child will be four years old on or before August 31, 2021, and your family’s gross income is at or below 75% of the state median income. Certain military families also are eligible without regard to income.
Visit the Cabarrus Partnership for Children’s website (linked here) to learn more or to apply. Applications can also be picked up in our front office.
- Rental Assistance Program – COVID-19 has put thousands of Cabarrus County households on the verge of eviction. For thousands more, it’s only a matter of time before the utilities are cut off. Help is here. Through the Cabarrus County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), households with financial hardship due to COVID-19 can apply for payment of overdue rent and utilities dating back to March 13, 2020, and through the remainder of the year or until funding runs out. To learn more or start the process, text ERAP to 888-777, visit erap.cabarruscounty.us or call 704-920-1400, option 4 then 6. See the attachment.
- Our district School Social Workers have put together a list of outside resources and agencies to support families during this time. The list includes resources for food, internet, medical, housing, mental health, childcare, unemployment information and more. You can access all of this information here.
Save the Date
- 4/14 - Report cards sent home electronically
- 4/14-4/4/27 - Spring book fair