This Week at Windsor 11.6.2020
Teachers make a difference at any distance...
Today we had our first of three fire drills for the 20-21 school year. The students did a wonderful job exiting the building quietly and safely, while keeping distanced. We will hold our second drill early spring.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Capannari's Coolest School Contest, Windsor won 3rd place!!! I know my family and I really enjoyed our ice cream, we hope you did too!!!
Parent-teacher conferences are coming up on November 19th and 20th, all conferences will be held via Zoom. Teacher Zoom links will be shared on Monday November 16. Please see the list of teachers below to sign-up for a conference time, click on the teacher's link and it will direct you to the teacher's sign-up genius.
- Please remember to stay in your cars at arrival and dismissal if you are in the Drop & Go Line on Windsor Drive or in our Main Entrance circle. If you would like to meet your child outside of your car, please park on any of the surrounding side streets and walk up. This is so important as it keeps the line moving and our streets/intersections safe for walkers and less congested for cars.
- Students should never be crossing Windsor drive unless they are in the crosswalk with our crossing guard. Please meet your child at that intersection and do not have the children cross in the middle of Windsor Drive for their safety.
- Just a reminder, there are NO pets allowed on Windsor property, we have many students with allergies.
- When calling to report an absence please refer to the self-screener, https://www.sd25.org/Page/1506, and list any of the symptoms your child is exhibiting in your voicemail. If your child has a fever, please state what the temperature is.
Please continue to check the Windsor Hybrid FAQ.
Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano
- November 10th- 5th Grade Virtual Parent Night 7:00 PM- Candor Health Education (Zoom Link below)
- November 18th- End of 1st Trimester
- November 19th- National Reading Night
- November 19th- Parent-Teacher Conferences- No School for Students
- November 20th- Parent-Teacher Conferences- No School for Students
- November 23rd-27th- No School- Thanksgiving
- November 30th- First day of 2nd Trimester
- December 4th- Report Cards Emailed Home
Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences
Mrs. Flauter - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-flauter4
Mrs. Galazka - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-galazka3
Mrs. Kownick - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-kownick4
Mrs. Leberecht - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-leberecht2
Mr. Peterson - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-peterson4
Mrs. Rabinowitz - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-rabinowitz4
Mrs. Schmidt - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-schmidt4
Mrs. Swedo - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-swedo
5th Grade Parents Only
Below you’ll find the link for the Live Virtual parent overview for Candor Health Education's Puberty and Life Begins programs. The program will be 90 minutes long. If any parents have questions they can email Science & Social Studies Coordinator, Melanie Zenisek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Date: November 10
Time: 7:00 pm
Meeting ID: 975 2400 2502
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abd9RoF9VD
Notes from the Health Office...
We have had a busy week at Windsor with more symptoms as we are into November and cough/cold/flu season has started as well as living in a PANDEMIC!
Thank you to all of you who are helping keep the school community safe and well! You are letting us know when your children or you have had any COVID symptoms and keeping your family in quarantine and the person with symptoms in isolation! Remember that as long as your children are feeling well enough to learn, they can learn while they are in isolation or in quarantine. Just be sure to keep us informed so that we can keep track of attendance and I am tracing illnesses.
Isolation: a person with symptoms is in their own room and using their own bathroom and kept away from the rest of the family. The symptomatic person ideally gets COVID tested.
Quarantine: the close contacts of the symptomatic person are staying home, away from others in case they develop symptoms of illness. The close contacts do not need to get COVID tested unless they begin symptoms.
Symptoms of COVID:
Headache, fever/chills, sore throat, cough, congestion/runny nose, abdominal pain of unknown cause, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, muscle aches, difficulty breathing, known close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID 19
Please remember --If you or your children have any of the above--you must stay home!
Thank you for partnering with us!
Have a great weekend--enjoy the beautiful weather and stay well!
Darlene Carpenter, RN
Windsor School Nurse
District 25 Self screener:
Current IDPH COVID-19 Interim Exclusion Guidance:
Veterans Day Deadline extended - We are honoring veterans this year with a video. The deadline has been extended until November 8 so please get your information in ASAP! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfb9TSe09r8PJKJhIwvol8ufIliSLFb67v9AqMjYJVE3F8qaA/viewform?usp=sf_link
Windsor Spirit Wear - Thanks to all who placed orders. Drive by pickup is scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday (11/10 and 11/11) from 8:30-9:30 and 3-4:30 at 2001 E Fremont Ct. Please contact the PTA at email@example.com if you are unable to pick up during this time.
Teacher Conference Dinner - The hospitality committee is looking for your help in providing donations to stock the teacher lounge for fall conferences. See the link below for more information.
Virtual Chess Club - Gather a group of friends and join virtual chess club. Run by the same teachers we have had in person, there are many time options available. Use the coupon codes below for discounts on registration. Go to www.IlinoisChessTeachers.com to register.
Windsor saves $10
WindsorSibling2 saves $20
WindsorSibling3 saves $30
2020-2021 PTA meeting dates
Save the date to join us for our meetings for this year! We will be virtual to start and see what happens from there. We are pushing the October date back to let everyone get into the swing of the new schedules. See below for the new dates.
Mrs. Stella's Station
Looking for something fun to do outdoors this weekend? Or are you looking for something do to as a family now that it's getting darker earlier in the evening? You can find something for both in this week's Stella's Station. Visit the San Diego Zoo from the comfort of your couch one evening next week, or challenge your kids to a 20 lego building challenge! Families can make a glider to play with in the warm fall breeze, or do some exploring at wonderopolis.com. There's something for everyone! You can find information on all of these activities at this link: 11/4 Stella Station. Have a great weekend!
Important Tech Tip:
Please remind your students that they should power down their Chromebooks at least once a day and maybe at lunchtime as well. That will help the "glitchiness" many are experiencing.
iPads should also be rebooted occasionally to prevent connectivity issues. Instructions are below.
To turn off your Chromebook completely, try one of these options:
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Power .
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Sign out Shut down.
- Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see a menu to Power off or Sign out
To Power Down Your iPad:
- Press and hold the On/Off/Sleep button at the upper-right corner of the iPad. Slide the bar to Power off.