NMS Math & Science PLC
April 2nd, 2015
1. I confirmed with Mr. Bradley that administrators want to have data talks. Just have your data analysis ready for when they call you.
2. Testing home stretch: What can we all do every day to impact learning?
- Make the learning engaging
- Hold students accountable
- Provide opportunity for student talk - every student, every period, every day
- Use your formative assessment techniques to gather evidence of learning/mastery every period, every day. "Who knows it, and how do I know?"
- Direct teach strategies for analysis, test taking, etc.
- Encourage and motivate students - through your relationship with them, incentives, phone calls home, whatever works!
**No department PLC this week. We will meet as a faculty and then go to team meetings.