Tech Tip 3/20/15
SBAC Digital Library
What is the Smarter Balanced Digital Library?
Smarter Balanced believes that measuring student progress toward college and career readiness requires educators to use an assessment system that “balances” summative and interim assessments with the formative assessment process.
Smarter Balanced has developed this Digital Library and populated it with professional learning resources and instructional resources to help educators tailor Common Core instruction to students’ needs using the formative assessment process. These resources have been created in part by educators and vetted for content and application.
You can use this resource library to:
· Advance your use of formative assessment practices
· Better understand where students are in their learning of Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
· Identify any misconceptions
· Make quick adjustments to instruction
There are also support features for teachers:
· Ability for trained educators to submit, vet, and post resources for other educators’ use.
· Tags that allow consumers to filter their search results by CCSS and other key topics.
More features are going to be added in the near future:
Rating system allowing teachers to share rate the resources they have used
Tools to help teachers collaborate with teachers from other member states
Integration with other open education resource libraries
You can narrow your results in multiple ways. these can include Subject, Grade, Media Type, Student population, and Standards to name a few.
For an example you can filter by subject in order to search for content materials.
Other User Options
You can mark materials as "Favorites " in order to return to materials easily. You can also access tutorials and guidance through the "Help" option