Ms. Harris's Weekly Update
Upcoming Assessments and Assignments
- Thursday: Science Unit Test on Weather
- Friday: Spelling Test and Math Quiz on Perimeter and Area
FROM MRS. BELICH:
We will be working on Civil war and reviewing at the same time. Please note that the study guide for Civil War has already been given to students. This will be completed as we go through the new material.
Reviewing for PASS test—it would be helpful to spend a few minutes each night reviewing blue test folder to help prepare us for the PASS test in the middle of May.
Groovy Dance Friday 6-8pm
Tickets are $5 at the door.
No School on Friday, April 22nd
This is a teacher workday. Students do not have school.
Golf Field Trip Forms and Money are due TOMORROW
Please send in the permission slip and $3 for our May golf field trip by tomorrow.
- In Wednesday folders this Friday, there will be a sealed envelope just for parents. This is a SECRET for the students, so please do not open it in their presence. Inside will be directions, a heart-shaped paper, and a star-shaped paper. With two weeks of testing coming up, we want the students to feel especially confident and positive when they come into class those weeks. To help with this, we are asking parents to write a short, encouraging note to your child on each of the shapes. The heart note will be secretly placed on their desks the week of Writing/Reading/Math testing. The star note will be secretly placed on the week of Science/Social Studies. Hopefully these notes can ease any testing morning anxiety or jitters the students might have and help them to do their best. Please return these in a SEALED envelope with your child's name on it by Wednesday the 20th. Thank you so much for your help with this!
- Please plan to attend the fourth grade presentation of a musical, “Awesome Animals” on Thursday, May 12 at 6:30 in the school cafeteria. Fourth and fifth grade chorus members will be featured during the 30 minute presentation. Hope you can share in the fun!
- Book Fair starts this Friday, April 15th-Thursday, April 21st! We will have a class shopping day, but students are welcome to bring money during this week and buy books before school or during our recess time. It will also be open during Friday's groovy dance.