Rhode Island Society of Technology of Educators
What To Expect at RISTE's GSuite Institutes
Join your colleagues to share and learn digital skills to personalize learning for your students. G Suite for Education provides the entire learning community the opportunity to communicate, collaborate and create content on a deep and sophisticated level.
- Educators will learn how to integrate G Suite into their classrooms, schools or districts' initiatives. Teachers will explore various Chromebook applications that are grade level and discipline specific. Educators will become proficient users of G Suite, Add-ons and Chromebook Apps to communicate, collaborate & create content.
Sessions will be facilitated by educators implementing technology in their classrooms. Participants will learn how G-Suite and other tech tools are used in schools across Rhode Island and how to leverage these tools in their own schools.
Microsoft for Educators
- Students and teachers are eligible for Office 365 Education, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, plus additional classroom tools. All you need is a valid school email address. Here is the link: www.office.com/teachers
- If you need training on using the apps, here are the two ways to get additional support: Create an account at www.education.microsoft.com – earn badges and PD hours through Microsoft as you learn about the different apps at your own pace!
- Contact John Nguyen (email@example.com), your New England Microsoft Learning Consultant, to schedule a free in person training for a group of your colleagues. You can also email questions as well.
Digging Deeper: Increasing Student Success through Collaboration, Inquiry, and Integration
15 Professional Learning Units
12 coursework (virtual and face to face)
3 demonstration (classroom implementation)
This six-session series will allow teams of two or more educators (made up of at least one librarian and one teacher) the training and time to work collaboratively to create an inquiry-based unit of study, supported by technology-rich learning opportunities. Sessions will be facilitated in both face to face and virtual settings, and include ample hands-on learning opportunities for teams to build their unit project.
enhance their understanding of the inquiry process
develop a deeper understanding of how to plan and teach with an educational partner
create a new, highly-engaging inquiry unit
learn and apply new technology tools to enrich unit of study
connect with other educators and build their PLN
Earn 15 professional learning units
Participant Cost: $297 per educator. Teams of three or more will receive a discount.
- Announcing Summer Professional Development in Computer Science for ALL K-8 Educators in partnership with CS4RI. All workshops are free for Rhode Island educators. Three Summer 2018 Offerings from the Creative Computing with Scratch Project and Three Offerings for Code.org'sComputer Science Fundamentals Workshop. For additional details & registration go to: http://bit.ly/CCSsummer2018
Sponsored by RISTE
The Mission of the Rhode Island Society of Technology Educators is to promote excellence in education through the integration of existing and emerging technologies.
Please contact Nicole L'Etoile for more information.