Mrs. Mathews' Minutes
Everton Bearcats! Oct, 15, 2015
Sixth grade brings a lot of responsibility. Here are just a few areas to keep in mind:
- Keeping up on class work ( We have a lot to cover each day and move quickly)
- Checking in for attendance and lunch each morning
- Turning in daily work and completing morning work
- Using appropriate voices( There is a time to be social and a time to work)
- Participation (the more you participate, the better you will understand the skill )
- Responsibility (agenda, HW, turning in papers, following procedures)
Report Card Conference
- Reading: We will continue working on summarizing as we read.
- Writing: Perfecting the quick write
- Math: We will be starting Chapter 4 which covers fractions
- Science We will continue discussing science fair and safety using models in science
- Vocabulary/Spelling words for next week: elect eliminate enchilada essential evacuate exceptional exclude fatigued feasible feud forbidden foreshadowing fragile frantic furthermore
Oct. 19-23 Fall Break
Nov. 11th Veteran's Day Program 1:30pm Grades: 5&6
Nov. 13th Science Fair Projects Due
Nov. 16th Science and Math Night and Science Fair projects on display 6-7:30
Nov. 17th Grandparent's Day
Dec. 7th Winter Program 1:15pm & 6:00pm Grades: K, 2, 4, 6
Science Fair Packet
C.O.S.I. Overnight Trip in April!
- Daily Agendas
- Please check and sign daily agendas. I check them daily and students receive extra Dojo coins if they are signed!
- Thanks to everyone that signed up for Remind! It's an easy way for me to get a quick text message to everyone at once. Please consider signing up this weekend if you have not already done so! Thanks!
- Information was sent home the first week of school on how to sign up for Dojo. I also sent email invites to those that have not signed up yet. Please consider joining so you can see how your child is doing behavior wise. Students also earn coins to use for our mini economy. I can also send out emails to all of you at one time.
- I check my email many times throughout the day and evening. I will get back back with you as soon as I can. Sometimes, I need to gather and verify information, so please be understanding. I promise to communicate back as quickly as I can.
Please follow the directions so I can send you important information in a class text message! Your number will not be seen my phone either, so your information is still confidential.