Digital Learning News 3-7-2017
from the Digital Learning Team
In Today's Issue:
- 25 days and counting until the spring Digital Learning conference
- Checkout the incredible session offerings by Birdville teachers, coordinators, and Digital Learning Specialists - REGISTRATION OPENS SOON!
- Poster session presentation proposals are still open
- How to order a conference t-shirt
- Elementary Classroom Crashers - are you ready to be crashed?
- Spring break technology department scheduled maintenance
How Do I Order a Conference T-shirt?
Click this link to order your shirt: https://www.customink.com/g/yek0-00ax-jd8j
Choose your color and pay online.
Your shirt will arrive in two weeks and will be delivered to you at your campus or department by Digital Learning.
Orders will close on Wednesday, March 8th so hurry and get yours today!
Poster Session Presentation Proposals are Still Open!
There is still time to send in a DL Conference poster session proposal!
What could I present at a poster session?
A poster session is way for you to informally share:
- an idea or innovative teaching and learning practice
- student work or project
- a new initiative or program
- a digital learning tool that enhances student learning or increases productivity (teacher and/or student)
Poster Session proposals close this Friday, March 10th
Coming to An Elementary Classroom Near You...
Let us help you rethink teaching and learning to improve student learning and your classroom structures
Can digital learning tools, resources, and ideas enhance your students' learning? Make you more productive and efficient? Save you time? Yes! Let us show you how!
Classroom Crashers is a new program by the BISD elementary Digital Learning Specialists team. Teachers will have an opportunity to apply to be "crashed". When selected, our team will set goals with the teacher and then visit the classroom to make observations and brainstorm ideas for integrating technology tools, resources, processes, and procedures. Then one DLS will work closely with the teacher for 3-6 weeks implementing one or more of the ideas to transform teaching and learning!
The crash will be documented through video and made available to all Birdville ISD elementary staff after the work is complete.
Are you ready to get crashed? More information coming soon!
Note: Spring Break Technology Maintenance Scheduled
The Technology Department will be performing maintenance to phone systems this Friday, March 10th, from 5:00 PM until 9:00 PM. During this time, district phones will have intermittent connection outages and phone calls could be interrupted.
Additionally, Skyward will be unavailable from approximately 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday, March 13th for scheduled updates. Anyone using Skyward during this time will be automatically logged out and lose all unsaved work.
If you experience any issues related to these updates, please visit support.birdvilleschools.net and submit a technology help desk ticket.