SFSS Weekly Newsletter
Friday, March 24, 2023
Holy Week At School
Here are some details about our week:
Monday, March 27
- All students and teachers may wear red today or dress uniform.
- 8:30 am Holy Mass Celebrating Palm Sunday in St. Stephen Church - all are welcome to join us.
- 10 am - (tentatively scheduled) -Lithuanian Exchange Student Singers perform in St. Stephen Church.
Tuesday, March 28
- Students will be participating in various activities around adoration.
Wednesday, March 29
- Students will participate in Passover celebration activities.
Thursday, March 30
- 1:30 pm Eucharistic Adoration and Divine Mercy Chaplet in St. Stephen Church - all are welcome to join us.
Friday, March 31
- 1:30 pm Stations of the Cross in St. Stephen Church - all are welcome to join us.
Please join us in preparing for Easter by asking your child about these activities each day or joining us in the celebrations.
Mom to Mom Sale
Sale will be Saturday, April 15th in the DeSales gym from 9 am to noon.
If interested in having a space to sell, please complete the attached form and return to school.
Please prayerfully consider helping make this opportunity happen for our students.
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, contact Jim O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you Mr. O'Connor for coordinating CYO athletics for SFSS!
Final Week for Read-a-thon Donations
Also, don't forget to submit pictures of the activities and any artifacts of the reading activities to school before March 31st. Students are entered to win one of three Barnes and Noble Gift Cards.
Don't forget to apply for scholarships and financial aid!
1. The Reddington Scholarship Fund is a needs-based fund, but the student must be performing to his/her potential. This past spring the committee overseeing this scholarship had (94) students apply for the scholarship and were able to assist (94) applicants. Scholarships awarded are in the average range of $100.00 to $500.00 per year. The committee will only consider those applications that indicate a family's maximum yearly income of $60K or LESS and require proof of school registration of student attending.
To apply for this scholarship, please visit https://www.geneseevalleytrust.com/Community/2023_Reddington_Scholarship/.
2. Financial aid through FACTS. When you re-enroll, you will be prompted to set up your tuition agreement. When you do this, you will be prompted to apply for financial aid. There is a $40 non-refunded fee for your application.
3. Family Ambassador Program - Current families may refer a new family to apply to our school. Referring families receive up to a $500 tuition credit. To learn how this works, please visit https://www.dorschools.org/ambassador to learn more.
New Afterschool Opportunity
Is your child interested in art or has a creative side?
We are now offering an afterschool art club for grades 3 - 8.
Art club will meet starting April 11 from 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm.
Parent pick up will be at the playground door.
The club will focus on providing a chance for students to pursue–
1) More independently fueled sketching/painting/craft time.
a) expanding knowledge of the basic stitches and beginners' embroidery.
b) work on the basic structure of the human form.
c) exploring the students' individual art style and forms of expression.
2) Any personal artistic projects/crafts that the students would like assistance with or advice for.
3) Extra time to work on the students' art assignments.
If your child is interested, please email Miss Long: email@example.com.
Spring Break Activities
Registration is required- See flyer below for information on how to register.